all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel's DVD on deep discount

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I can't find anywhere on the site to review?
Looks like you have to go to the product page and NOT go to it in your account.

Looks like you have to go to the product page and NOT go to it in your account.

ah, thanks!

According to the table of contents, this resource has a fair amount of content. For example it includes a bunch of mobility drills, like rib grab and bretzels. Under the get up section it has get up with rotations. Jerks has single, double jerk, etc.

My query is, are all of these 'programmed' in the resource? Are you meant to progress from one to another? Are they listed to be done a certain number of times per week, etc? Or are they just something that is shown?

According to the table of contents, this resource has a fair amount of content. For example it includes a bunch of mobility drills, like rib grab and bretzels. Under the get up section it has get up with rotations. Jerks has single, double jerk, etc.

My query is, are all of these 'programmed' in the resource? Are you meant to progress from one to another? Are they listed to be done a certain number of times per week, etc? Or are they just something that is shown?
Both.
The drills are mostly there for improving overhead mobility, preparing you for C&J or even Dbl C&J.
The other pressing exercises are progressions for Single C&J, or for Double C&J for advanced lifters.
The TGU drills are specialized variety for grapplers and could be used one of your training days. (The TGU programming is very loose and the Swing programming very specific.)
But apart from that it is just Goblet Squats for the warm-up and Swings & Get-ups / C&J respectively for the training.

I have already incorporated some of the drills into my S&S practice. Can't believe I dismissed the Brettzel so far! It feels really good. Also, I sometimes replace a set of Goblet Squats with Long Push Presses. I intend to run the "Beginner to Intermediate" plan in the summer, given that I will have time for uninterrupted practice, as the sessions are timed. Contrary to S&S you just need one bell per session, so it would be easier to get my equipment outside :)

Last edited:
Both.
The drills are mostly there for improving overhead mobility, preparing you for C&J or even Dbl C&J.
The other pressing exercises are progressions for Single C&J, or for Double C&J for advanced lifters.
The TGU drills are specialized variety for grapplers and could be used one of your training days. (The TGU programming is very loose and the Swing programming very specific.)
But apart from that it is just Goblet Squats for the warm-up and Swings & Get-ups / C&J respectively for the training.

I have already incorporated some of the drills into my S&S practice. Can't believe I dismissed the Brettzel so far! It feels really good. Also, I sometimes replace a set of Goblet Squats with Long Push Presses. I intend to run the "Beginner to Intermediate" plan in the summer, given that I will have time for uninterrupted practice, as the sessions are timed. Contrary to S&S you just need one bell per session, so it would be easier to get my equipment outside :)
If loose tgu programming could mean omitted or only a couple very light ones for warmup and mobility purposes i am totally down with that. Something about very heavy tgu, which i use to do, seem not as safe as i prefer these days.

If loose tgu programming could mean omitted or only a couple very light ones for warmup and mobility purposes i am totally down with that. Something about very heavy tgu, which i use to do, seem not as safe as i prefer these days.
Well, it is more structured than that :D
But Pavel mentions that non-grapplers could focus less on TGUs than grapplers - and add presses and/or pullups, for instance.

Well, it is more structured than that :D
But Pavel mentions that non-grapplers could focus less on TGUs than grapplers - and add presses and/or pullups, for instance.
Cool, I actually really like the idea of swings and pushpress, or viking push press etc. seems to be a gap in the market for swing programs that aren’t with tgu other than q&d, which is my favorite program so far

Cool, I actually really like the idea of swings and pushpress, or viking push press etc. seems to be a gap in the market for swing programs that aren’t with tgu other than q&d, which is my favorite program so far
Not to discourage you from getting this product, as the instruction videos are well worth it, but look up this HIRT protocol (swings and presses). It has several threads discussing it on this forum.

It's very nice that a link to purchase this at a discount was posted here - let's keep up that tradition so that if it goes on sale again, we can encourage more people to buy it. Of course, it's very, very worthwhile, as everyone has indicated, all by itself and at its full price.

-S-

Just got it, thanks for the heads up. Well worth it! Great review/teaching of quite a lot of Second Wind breathing techniques. Much more that I haven't had a chance to look at yet. Great video quality.

Great offer. The instructions are great. The breathing techniques work well, also for S&S. The programming is simple and promising.
I love all of the breathing techniques! Can fragmented breathing be used at all times, or be reserved for when you are starting to feel gassed? I would also like to understand the biochem behind it all if anyone has any resources. I heard @Pavel Macek speaking on it recently about how it is actually about utilizing oxygen in the presence of co2, I’m assuming this get in more detail in “resilience”.

I love all of the breathing techniques! Can fragmented breathing be used at all times, or be reserved for when you are starting to feel gassed? I would also like to understand the biochem behind it all if anyone has any resources. I heard @Pavel Macek speaking on it recently about how it is actually about utilizing oxygen in the presence of co2, I’m assuming this get in more detail in “resilience”.

All details can be found in our Second Wind special course.

Patiently awaiting this to be on deep discount again. Missed the first one :/

Just picked this up, its on sale today. Plans look quite good, especially the c&j plans, gonna dive into the videos soon.

Just picked this up, its on sale today. Plans look quite good, especially the c&j plans, gonna dive into the videos soon.
I just bought today for half off .

I'll definitely be able to feed off of this in the near and distant future.

I'm most interested in his comments on AGT and programming overall. But, some of the instructions for advanced movements will last my moderate programming and overall goals for years to come.

The mobility stuff is also very very novel to me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom