all posts post new thread

Old Forum Pavel's lunges in MM

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RealBigSol

Level 1 Valued Member
Com. Pavel,

Years ago in Muscle Media, you wrote a column introducing new exercises. One was a type of bodyweight lunge. I do walking lunges as extra workouts to the tune of 500-1,000 per session as prescribed by John Davies, but I'd like to take the volume down some. Pistols have never been a good exercise for me due to my size. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solomon

See http://www.specialtactics.com/squats.pdf

See also the index of Beyond Bodybuilding - you'll find two kinds talked about.

-S-

Pavel, my goal is to increase hypertrophy in my quadriceps through bodyweight techniques. The pistol is very tough for me at my weight and forgive, doesn't do a lot for the VMO. Do you have any suggestions on how to increase hypertrophy and work capacity for the quads through more frequent training?

Thanks!

Solomon, provided your knees can take it, do high rep bodyweight only SQs with your heels on boards about 3/4 " thick.  Rock bottom, with a pause on the bottom and no bouncing.

Drop me a line when you can do 100 in this manner without too much effort and I will tell you what to do next.

Pavel,

I've made it. I can do 100 bodyweight squats elevated on a 3/4" thick board with a one-second pause at the bottom in one set. What's next?

Solomon, I read that Pavel was away from the board until mid October.  However I am curious if you have noticed positive results already from this level of volume.

In the time it takes for him to return, I suspect holding the squat program he suggested at 100 reps will keep you primed and ready for whatever the next step will be.

Pavel,

Welcome back to the board. I've made it to 100 continuous bodyweight squats on a 3/4 inch board. You said to let you know. What is the next step in the progression?

Thanks!

Solomon

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom