all posts post new thread

Barbell pavels two day powerlifting and s&s

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I am wondering about everyone's opinion on this matter. I was going to embark on the two day template on the weekends when I'm home from work and do s&s at the motel when I'm away at work. My friend says that with all the goblet squats during the week and squatting on the weekend that it's alot of squats. Now I'm not looking to get huuuge or compete in a meet or anything so should I just forgo the squat day? And stick with just a heavy bench and deadlift day when I come home? Also, I can't always guarantee I'll be home for two day weekends, sometimes it'll only be one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HUNTER1313 after you reach at least Simple standards, do as Pavel recommended in the past on the forum.

Quote:

"I would keep doing S&S twice a week and add PTP (DL+BP) twice a week."

On what page can I find the PTP program in the PTTP book?

I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it.

On what page can I find the PTP program in the PTTP book?
I don't have the book handy, but the book _is_ that program. OK, let's see ... try Page 18, try Page 43.

A Google on "what is the PTTP program?" will also yield several good explanations.

-S-

Now I'm not looking to get huuuge or compete in a meet or anything so should I just forgo the squat day? And stick with just a heavy bench and deadlift day when I come home?

Just remember to test your squat every now and then.

When it comes to squatting, I think it's a matter of preference.

If you like to squat, why not?

I don't see anything wrong with something like:

Squat 2x5
Bench press 2x5
Deadlift 2x5

As long as you're not going too heavy.

When it comes to squatting, I think it's a matter of preference.

For me, it depends on my current goals. When I'm focused on my lower body, I cycle between back squats and deficit snatch grip deadlift. For the back, it's front squat and RDL. For the upper body I do overhead squats and snatch grip dl, no deficit here.

it depends on my current goals.
I agree. The only time I squat heavy is when I'm training for a 3-lift PL meet; otherwise, the DL does what I want and the SQ is a movement pattern I perform regularly but with no load or a light load and for maximum ROM, e.g., deep barbell front squats with maybe bodyweight on the bar.

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom