all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Peaking

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
This line caught my attention

"Once you own Simple, it will be easy to maintain what you have worked hard and long to reach with two talk-test regulated S&S sessions a week, plus an occasional three-week peak. Be content maintaining a level of all-around fitness most people will never approach—and do it with a minimal time investment."

I'm guessing the once a week glycolitic sessions can serve as the road to peak??

This line caught my attention

"Once you own Simple, it will be easy to maintain what you have worked hard and long to reach with two talk-test regulated S&S sessions a week, plus an occasional three-week peak. Be content maintaining a level of all-around fitness most people will never approach—and do it with a minimal time investment."

I'm guessing the once a week glycolitic sessions can serve as the road to peak??
Seems to be a good idea to me, like speed work prior to an upcoming race after aerobic base is already in the bag. I also like getting my HR up close to Max on a weekly basis.

I would do 3x/week for 2 weeks to peak. That's just what has worked for me for snatch test/TSC peaking.

Once a week as a habit would be maintenance, not peaking. It probably works fine for maintenance of a moderate amount of glycolytic capacity. But if you really want to peak it, I'd go 3x/week. For me (age 52), that peak then lasts about 2 weeks past that peaking phase, then decreases to baseline again. During that peak I could do my best on a Simple standard test, snatch test, or other glytoclytic capacity test. "My best" in that context has historically been 20-25% better than baseline. Not that my aerobic or strength base would be changed by it, just that I could do better on that glycolytic metabolic test type event.

Do you relate those last two weeks of peaking from the quote (thus one of 3 sessions in a week), or just a single S&S timed session per week along a separate activity/program on other days?

It’s an interesting one for me in that sense, as I was wondering how to try to take the Simple capacity through ROP. Either via heavy say swing sessions by the book, or actually do one S&S glycolic Timed session and ROP on separate days. But maybe it’s one for another thread.

Do you relate those last two weeks of peaking from the quote (thus one of 3 sessions in a week), or just a single S&S timed session per week along a separate activity/program on other days?

Relate to it as I have noticed when s and s is the secondary focus (main program being the primary focus) I have made good progress

Relate to it as I have noticed when s and s is the secondary focus (main program being the primary focus) I have made good progress
Mark,
I’m not sure if my question was clear.

So how many S&S and other training days you do to see that progress? Or, you just go back to S&S for two weeks and your back at Simple?

Mark,
I’m not sure if my question was clear.

So how many S&S and other training days you do to see that progress? Or, you just go back to S&S for two weeks and your back at Simple?

I can do timeless simple any given time..
To get the timed standard, probably 2-3 weeks since I usually just focus on building a trength reserve..

Pre-lockdown I have kept s and s to about 3x a week and I'm resuming training it by the book again as my previous program had me training swings and getups on separate days

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom