all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Pinched neck. Tricep super weak

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

eirwin71

Level 1 Valued Member
About 10 days ago I woke up having slept very poorly in a poor position typical pinched nerve pain got worse over a course of a few days but then all of a sudden got better but I started experiencing tricep weakness in my right arm.
No numbness no skin numbness nothing just tricep not working as well as the other one. Went to a neurologist in the PA immediately start talking about surgery before even looking at an MRI. They did x-rays he can see some narrowing of my displacThey did x-rays he can see some narrowing of my disk space. I left. I went and got a second opinion from a Ortho person and they said majority the time this will clear up on its own with some PT in time. I am now into my second PT session in my second week of this issue most of my pain is goinI went and got a second opinion from a Ortho person and they said majority the time this will clear up on its own with some PT in time. I am now into my second PT session in my second week of this issue most of my pain is gone. It’s just gone from hurting really bad the first two days to a very dull ache sometimes but not all the time in my right arm. The main thing is the weakness. My physical therapist measure my triceps strength versus my left arm and it’s at 25%. Just wondering if anybody else has had this pattern and how long it took for them to get some or most of the shrink bacJust wondering if anybody else has had this pattern and how long it took for them to get some or most of the strength back. I’m not even two weeks in and them are getting impatient just wondering how long it will take to start feeling stronger? I don’t care if it takes a year as long as I make progress.

It took me about 52 weeks or so to get the strength back. And I only got some of it back. I improved in strength some over the first couple of months, then very, very slowly for many weeks. Then, some time around 52 weeks or so I could feel a definite change and I got much of the strength back. But I will never be as strong as I was. I am OK with it and I do not regret my decision to avoid surgery. I am not super weak but it takes me a couple of months to work back up to a 200lb bench press and that used to be a warm up weight. Life goes on. If your PT has a lot of experience, they would have seen quite a bit of this condition.

Great
It took me about 52 weeks or so to get the strength back. And I only got some of it back. I improved in strength some over the first couple of months, then very, very slowly for many weeks. Then, some time around 52 weeks or so I could feel a definite change and I got much of the strength back. But I will never be as strong as I was. I am OK with it and I do not regret my decision to avoid surgery. I am not super weak but it takes me a couple of months to work back up to a 200lb bench press and that used to be a warm up weight. Life goes on. If your PT has a lot of experience, they would have seen quite a bit of this condition.
Great to hear. I can probably speak for most folks that I’m not desperate to get back to where I was but somewhat close and if it takes two months or a year I don’t care as long as it happens. Thanks so much for your reply that’s great to hear glad you are on your way to for full recovery or close to it.

It has been 13 years since my herniation and everything is OK so far. I have to be careful about my neck. I won't be doing any Jiu Jitsu or powercleans but I have few limitations and no pain. I get a little stiffness from time to time but it is no big deal.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom