all posts post new thread

Bodyweight pistol squat application...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

somanaut

Level 5 Valued Member
I have recently resurrected my BW program (assisted OAOLPU, pistol squats and pull ups), on the days, where I don't have time for S&S practise. Doing 1x123 ladder.
Anyway, I am painting my old apartment with my dad before moving to a new one. Today we were painting the kitchen, and I had to get up on the counter with both hands filled with brushes and a paint palet. So I could plant my left foot up on the counter, shift my weight unto it, and push up to standing. So there you go, a real world application of pistol squats. Was cool.

You're right, completely forgot bout that. Something about standing on a table right? Can't recall why it was suggested to try that variation.

You're right, completely forgot bout that. Something about standing on a table right? Can't recall why it was suggested to try that variation.

Well, maybe not on a table since this might be dangerous if too high.
But a stool is perfectly fine.
This variation allows you to perform a full pistol if your hip flexors are too tight yet to keep your free leg fully extended.

Think there was some big powerlifter or strongman that used to do them on a table, because of tight hip flexors as you say. Was it in NW or in an article?

Think there was some big powerlifter or strongman that used to do them on a table, because of tight hip flexors as you say. Was it in NW or in an article?
Yes, Paul Anderson in NW. It said he was so thick he wouldn't manage other type of 1 leg squats.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom