all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Plan 015

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Slatersan

Level 5 Valued Member
I have been doing plan 015 for three weeks now. I wasn’t sure i was getting any additional benefit besides some extra beefy pecs and triceps. I went to the gym today and decided to change it up since I had been doing basically the same thing for three weeks. The gym was packed so i grabbed the 70lb kettlebell and went to the outside area. Now i have achieved timeless simple but by no means ever felt like i owned the one arm swings. Today i blew through 100 one arm swings like it was nothing with much better form than ever before. I then went to bench press to do some easy strength type stuff. Everything felt much lighter than usual. I worked up to 225lb and did it five times with plenty left in the tank which i havent been able to do comfortably in a long time, even with max effort.

I was going to stop plan 015 but after seeing those results today i will continue until i do it for 8 weeks total. I dont know if the program is meant do those things i mentioned but it convinced me to keep going with it.

Edit: I use a 24kg for plan 015 for context.

Last edited:
Another fan of plan 015 here - it's simple but effective.

After Q&D, gave it a trial run for just 8 sessions over two weeks, going +4kg heavier than my Q&D bell. I noticed both hypertrophy and increased strength too.

I'm now thinking it may also make for a really good stepping-stone with a weight you cannot quite sprint with yet before a block of plan 033 or 044...

Anyway, 015 is a gem easily overlooked, and fully agree that it deserves a couple of months rather than a few weeks.

Last edited:
Another fan of plan 015 here - it's simple but effective.

After Q&D, gave it a trial run for just 8 sessions over two weeks, going +4kg heavier than my Q&D bell. I noticed both hypertrophy and increased strength too.

I'm now thinking it may also make for a really good stepping-stone with a weight you cannot quite sprint with yet before a block of plan 033 or 044...

Anyway, 015 is a gem easily overlooked, and fully agree that it deserves a couple of months rather than a few weeks.
Yeah totally about it being a stepping stone. I’m interested in what it will be like when i go back to S&S and other versions of Q + D after this.

By the way, recently I'm testing how my body reacts to Push-up Pyramid added to 015 on the same day. I do 015 in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and Push-up Pyramid in the afternoon the same day. So far it seems like quite good combination, but to tell more I need to follow it for at least four to six weeks.

By the way, recently I'm testing how my body reacts to Push-up Pyramid added to 015 on the same day. I do 015 in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and Push-up Pyramid in the afternoon the same day. So far it seems like quite good combination, but to tell more I need to follow it for at least four to six weeks.
Another 100 in the afternoon ? And do you load your push ups in the am with 015?

Last edited:
I have been doing plan 015 for three weeks now. I wasn’t sure i was getting any additional benefit besides some extra beefy pecs and triceps. I went to the gym today and decided to change it up since I had been doing basically the same thing for three weeks. The gym was packed so i grabbed the 70lb kettlebell and went to the outside area. Now i have achieved timeless simple but by no means ever felt like i owned the one arm swings. Today i blew through 100 one arm swings like it was nothing with much better form than ever before. I then went to bench press to do some easy strength type stuff. Everything felt much lighter than usual. I worked up to 225lb and did it five times with plenty left in the tank which i havent been able to do comfortably in a long time, even with max effort.

I was going to stop plan 015 but after seeing those results today i will continue until i do it for 8 weeks total. I dont know if the program is meant do those things i mentioned but it convinced me to keep going with it.

Edit: I use a 24kg for plan 015 for context.
Hello!

I am in a similar scenario having recently completed simple.

Curious as to how many days you were training on S&S and now 015.

Thank you!

At some point i want to try the plan 015 format with snatches. Set of snatches every 3 minutes. 10 x 10. Alternate hands each set. If anyone has any feedback on this, i am interested.

At some point i want to try the plan 015 format with snatches. Set of snatches every 3 minutes. 10 x 10. Alternate hands each set. If anyone has any feedback on this, i am interested.
You already found my post about this on another thread.

I really like this format. When I am just doing A+A with shorter sets, I feel like my ability to do longer sets degrades, even if I can use a heavier bell. The 015 timing gives a nice balance of extending the sets a little more, but giving plenty of rest for full recovery to keep the power consistently high from set to set.

I've been doing some days of 044 and one day of 015 snatches each week, and thinking of also doing a session of more A+A style shorter sets with a bell size up. I'm more inclined to just do this in a rotation within each week, more conjugate style than block style -- it just fits my schedule and personality better than doing weeks at a time with one format.

You already found my post about this on another thread.

I really like this format. When I am just doing A+A with shorter sets, I feel like my ability to do longer sets degrades, even if I can use a heavier bell. The 015 timing gives a nice balance of extending the sets a little more, but giving plenty of rest for full recovery to keep the power consistently high from set to set.

I've been doing some days of 044 and one day of 015 snatches each week, and thinking of also doing a session of more A+A style shorter sets with a bell size up. I'm more inclined to just do this in a rotation within each week, more conjugate style than block style -- it just fits my schedule and personality better than doing weeks at a time with one format.
Great stuff. I imagine the hypertrophy involved with 100 snatches a day several days a week would be interesting. I suppose i will just need to try it out soon to find out.

This is what I did to adapt plan 015 for the snatch.

Ran 044 (10/2) for 6 weeks with the 24 training fasted 3/4x a week (every other day) before 015 with the 28 fed-state M, T & Th, F.

I imagine the hypertrophy involved with 100 snatches a day several days a week would be interesting.
It certainly had me feeling yoked and strong in the shoulders and credit it for helping me transition to A+A snatches with the 32.

I want to do 044 with the 28 but don't feel I quite have the power yet - especially for the 2nd set of 10 in a series. I could try 5/4 before 10/2 but after the heavy fives of A+A I really like the fast tens of Q&D. Instead, I'm hoping that a couple of months' 015 snatch with the 28 will solve this problem.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom