all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Plan 015

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Is it worth getting?

I am not your intended recipient, but if you like Pavel's other work, its excellent.

I have to admit though, I have read it through and I am unclear on which plan is 015, 044 etc... There are a few methodologies, but I did not see where each are named.

I bought this in Kindle, and I wish I would have bought a hard copy.

Last edited:
I am not your intended recipient, but if you like Pavel's other work, its excellent.

I have to admit though, I have read it through and I am unclear on which plan is 015, 044 etc... There are few methodologies, but I did not see where each are named.

I bought this in Kindle, and I wish I would have bought a hard copy.
044 is the snatch option in "Part IV: Happy Hunting"
015 is discussed later under "Up the Volume, Kill the Variability"

Q&D 015 too with incremental rep increases...
You bet. I added 033 with the 2HSW since it is less technical than the 1HSW and someone without a lot of KB experience can still generate power with it. And yes to your incremental increases. I've started several students at 5 power push ups every 3 mins, separate from the swings and worked them up from there.

I haven't done any sufficient testing or anything, but I have found that Q&D is an amazing option on a "variety day" during strength programs. I'm one of those guys that sometimes needs to have something scheduled or I'll just do other stuff, and I've found that either 40 or 60 reps, 1-2x a week of 033 or 044 are really accentuating my current strength gains on a 3x/wk program

For someone debating moving from S&S to Q&D, I think they can do both for a while with reasonable synergy. I'm currently doing Q&D snatches (Plan 015) three days a week with heavy sandbag getups + kettlebell floor presses twice a week. I've been doing this rotation for three weeks now, and it has been an invigorating change after 9 months of S&S.

I have no concern of losing my S&S gains:

1. I initiate each sandbag getup with a clean to shoulder which should continue to improve my S&S swing hinge.
2. The overspeed snatches should continue to strengthen my grip.
3. The kettlebell floor presses should continue to prime me for next S&S bell getups. In fact, this week I managed my first ever unassisted 32K floor press.

You bet. I added 033 with the 2HSW since it is less technical than the 1HSW and someone without a lot of KB experience can still generate power with it. And yes to your incremental increases. I've started several students at 5 power push ups every 3 mins, separate from the swings and worked them up from there.

I don’t have the book, but I know 015 is swings and push-ups every 1:30 until 100 reps each. Could the swings be done 1 or 2-handed? I much prefer 2-handed.

Books states Dr. Marker ran 033 for over 3 months using two-arm swings for sets of 10 exclusively. He swung the 40kg, the weight that enabled max power production. Looks like above posts are correct, no mention of time or push ups. More own experience, 10 two hand swings alt with 10 power push ups, on the :90, 10 sets of each, works well even though I made it up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom