all posts post new thread

Forum Business Plan Strong online?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Xene

Level 6 Valued Member
I just saw that there is an online version of Plan Strong available:

I have several questions:

- will it be online in any case (whatever the government will say?)
- will you be able to watch it again later? What if you are disconnected, or if your kids won't allow you to sit in front of your computer for the whole time?
- will there be a limit of participants?

@Steve Freides
@Fabio Zonin

Thanks

Last edited:
I would also ask if it will be taught in Italian or English.
StrongFirst courses around the world are taught in English with a translation into the local language provided in real time, e.g., the presenter will say something, then the translator will translate it, and so on.

-S-

Also, this is open to everyone right? Not just SFGs?

From the above link:

There are no prerequisites. You do not need a background in sports science, endocrinology, or neuroscience to attend the Plan Strong™ seminar.

This seminar is open to all who are interested in learning how to design strength training programs for kettlebells and the barbell based on the Soviet weightlifting system.

This seminar is lecture-based. This is not an instructor certification and there are no tests. Dress comfortably.

-S-

From the above link:

-S-
Thank you Steve

@Xene, I have some answers for you.

- will it be online in any case (whatever the government will say?)
Yes. To expand on that a little, it may be an online-only event or it may be, with government permission, both online and in-person, but it will not be in-person only.

- will you be able to watch it again later?
No. It will be a live-only event. Please, however see More Information below.

What if you are disconnected, or if your kids won't allow you to sit in front of your computer for the whole time?
Those are circumstances beyond our control. If you get disconnected, you'll have the opportunity to reconnect.

- will there be a limit of participants?
In-person attendance is limited by the size of the host facility and you should use the email address cited in earlier messages in this thread to ask that question. To the best of our knowledge, there will be no limit to the number of online attendees.

Important Note Regarding Time: The event's scheduled dates and times are for the Central European Daylight Time zone, which is 6 hours ahead of - earlier - than the Eastern Daylight Time zone where I live, near New York City, USA. Please see the registration page of the event here: PLAN STRONG™—Vicenza, Italy - May 16-17, 2020 for the details. (This means, e.g., that if you live where I do, the seminar will start at 3 am because it will start at 9 am in Italy.)

More information:

Before the event: You will receive, via email and in time for you to use during the event, worksheets for use _during_ your PlanStrong.

Within 24 hours _after_ the completion of the event: The slides presented during the event will be emailed to you. We want you to be able to begin writing PlanStrong programs as soon as possible.

Timing Unknown: StrongFirst does not distribute its manuals electronically. For online attendees, you will receive the manual for the event via postal mail. You may not have it before the event but you may rest assured that it will be mailed to you.

-S-

@Xene, I have some answers for you.

Yes. To expand on that a little, it may be an online-only event or it may be, with government permission, both online and in-person, but it will not be in-person only.

No. It will be a live-only event. Please, however see More Information below.

Those are circumstances beyond our control. If you get disconnected, you'll have the opportunity to reconnect.

In-person attendance is limited by the size of the host facility and you should use the email address cited in earlier messages in this thread to ask that question. To the best of our knowledge, there will be no limit to the number of online attendees.

Important Note Regarding Time: The event's scheduled dates and times are for the Central European Daylight Time zone, which is 6 hours ahead of - earlier - than the Eastern Daylight Time zone where I live, near New York City, USA. Please see the registration page of the event here: PLAN STRONG™—Vicenza, Italy - May 16-17, 2020 for the details. (This means, e.g., that if you live where I do, the seminar will start at 3 am because it will start at 9 am in Italy.)

More information:

Before the event: You will receive, via email and in time for you to use during the event, worksheets for use _during_ your PlanStrong.

Within 24 hours _after_ the completion of the event: The slides presented during the event will be emailed to you. We want you to be able to begin writing PlanStrong programs as soon as possible.

Timing Unknown: StrongFirst does not distribute its manuals electronically. For online attendees, you will receive the manual for the event via postal mail. You may not have it before the event but you may rest assured that it will be mailed to you.

-S-

Thank you very much for your reply. Everything is clear now!

Thank you very much for your reply. Everything is clear now!
Thanks - I was about to ask if this answered all your questions. Further questions on the part of others may also be posted in this thread.

NB: I moved this thread to our Welcome section, which is where I'd like to keep these kinds of topics.

My thanks to everyone.

-S-

@Bauer, yes, I knew that this was about to be added to the schedule but couldn't comment on it until it was made public.

At the moment, all of the same answers from me above would apply except, of course, for the lack of instruction in Italian.

-S-

Those are good news. But what about other seminars? Will you also offer them online as the Corona situation will probably still exist some months from now?

Those are good news. But what about other seminars? Will you also offer them online as the Corona situation will probably still exist some months from now?
@Xene, good questions but we have no answers for you at this time. As decisions are made, they will be posted publicly to the schedule.

Thanks very much.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom