all posts post new thread

Planche & One Arm Chin Ups - Workouts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Do you see how your knees cave in slightly right as your pushing up in the squat? Try to make it a point to never let them come back in. They might slightly once it gets heavy, but decrease it as much as possible now.

Also, never squat by stepping out of the squat rack forward. You want to move backwards to squat, and rack going forward. Racking should be easy because it's after the set. So you'd do it the other way as you did in the video. Does that make sense? Safety reasons.

It's also better for video purposes as it's much easier to assess a squat from the back. It's hard to see much from the front. So it's better for technique judgment as well :)

Would you mind detailing real quick what your workout schedule is now? With these back squat days, I'm confused when you do Planche/OACU etc stuff. Thought it was once every two weeks. Still the case?

Rock on brother

Thanks for the safety tip. I'll definitely turn around from now on! The workouts are the same 3 days a week upper lower split repeating every 2 weeks. Back Squats replaced the Olympic lifting days for now. I plan on getting back into that at some point, just not right now.

I know you took a break from the videos, but any update as to how the training is going? Still successfully decreasing band assistance every week?

I know you took a break from the videos, but any update as to how the training is going? Still successfully decreasing band assistance every week?

Yes, I've been working hard on weighted pull ups. I'm working with 60# for 5x5 and I've been using a steady state cycle for planche. I still use the bands some but not as religiously. I'm getting there and still making progress weekly!

Nice. Let me know how the SSC goes. I remember years ago using SSC, to very little success. Coach Sommers swore by it but I think he realized it didn't work that well since he doesn't make use of it anymore in his routines. Hopefully you're one of those that does make good progress on it!

Nice. Let me know how the SSC goes. I remember years ago using SSC, to very little success. Coach Sommers swore by it but I think he realized it didn't work that well since he doesn't make use of it anymore in his routines. Hopefully you're one of those that does make good progress on it!
Interesting. Check back in with me in a month or two and I'll let you know.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom