all posts post new thread

Planche & One Arm Chin Ups - Workouts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

That's good to add these two moves to your routine. They are fantastic to develop overall strength. They will drastically reinforce your back. It will serve you well for your Front Lever ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Workout 37 - Deadlifts & Front Squats

Zach, you should post these videos in the Barbell section, asking for a form check. Also, consider taking them from multiple angles.

Just from glancing over, your knees are caving in in the DL. This is probably because your stance is a bit too wide and so the lower legs aren't staying perpendicular to the ground.

The FSQ shows a slightly similar problem. It's hard to judge the rack position from this angle, but make sure it is getting fully supported by your clavicle. It should almost feel like the weight is choking you and little, if any, force will go down the wrists. They are simply stretched back. Because you cleaned the weight, it seems like you're actually supporting some of it through the hands.

Anyways, that's very basic FSQ and DL stuff. You'll want to post in the Barbell section for some better, more in-depth advice and resources.

Loving the Planche btw! Seems like you've been diligent about the straight-arms. Good stuff. The OACU is cool too (good progress) but I'm more of a Planche guy myself hehe!

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I'll work on narrowing my stance a little and getting the weight off my wrists a bit. As for posting in the barbell section, are you saying just the deadlift and front squat video? I was hoping to keep my log all together in one place if possible. I really appreciate the complement on planche, I'm working hard on it.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I'll work on narrowing my stance a little and getting the weight off my wrists a bit. As for posting in the barbell section, are you saying just the deadlift and front squat video? I was hoping to keep my log all together in one place if possible. I really appreciate the complement on planche, I'm working hard on it.
Post here every workout just like before.

In addition to that, post that video of DL and FSQ as well as any future ones(with more angles maybe) in the barbell section. Obviously for those extra ones, you would just not have an introduction. That is, if you wanna get quality feedback.

Hello,

Nice and tight ! :)

You also seems to do good progress on HSPU. The move is pretty explosive, above with your support to get a higher ROM.

To make it even better (even if you do already very good), do not hesitate to get closer to the wall once you are on your hands. The idea is to be straight and parallel to the wall. Your whole back (from omoplata to lumbar) touches the wall. That way, you do not bend (and if so, you "collapse"), and it does not engage pecs. It turns the HSPU in a pure shoulder strength exercise. Plus it obliges you to firmly engage you core to maintain straight stance ;)

You do a great job !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Added floor press as a dynamic assistance exercise for planche day since planche is a static exercise. Video below.

Current Routine - 3 Day Upper Lower Split

I thought I'd post my current routine in detail as I feel that I've been making good progress so far. I have 4 different workouts alternating ABCD on a 3 day per week schedule using an upper lower split at pretty low volume.

A. One Arm Chins - 4x5 assisted
Planche - 4x15 sec assisted
Floor Press - 2x5

B. Weighted Pistols - 4x5
Glute Ham Raises - 4x5 assisted
Burpees - max in 5 minutes

C. Front Lever - 4x15s assisted
Handstand Push Ups - 4x5 with deficit
Bent Over Rows - 2x5

D. Deadlift - 4x5
Front Squats - 4x5
1 Mile Run

Progress since beginning of November:

Planche 62.2# to 50.8# assist
One Arm Chin - 62.2# to 42.2# assit
Floor Press - New. Max 185# - 4x5 - 145#
Pistols - 20# to 32.5# (started later)
Glute Ham Raises - 54.8# to 38.6# assist
Burpees - 38 to 53 in 5 minutes
Front Lever -62.2# to 38.6# assist
Handstand Push Ups - 3 with no deficit to 5 with 3 inch deficit
Rows - New. 4x5 - 75#
Deadlifts - New. 290# Max. 4x5 - 200#
Front Squats - New - clean from floor - 120#
1 Mile Run - New. 6:48

It takes 9.5 days to go from A back around to A and I feel like it's pretty well rounded and my progress has been steady. I always enjoy the workouts and I try to progress a small amount every workout without getting too eager to put on weight too quickly.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom