all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Plate bear hug

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

FinlayB

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello

So I have been recently struggling to find a good gyn in my area. I am making do with what is provided in the condo gym.

For the past couple of weeks i have been doing bear hug plate carries and squats. They are my new favorote form of torture. I find them especailly testing and wondered if anyone else had experimented with the exercise.

As an aside i am on the verge of giving up on my search for a gym and buying a 32kg and working with that.

I havent done them much but thanks for the reminder :) As I dont have sandbags they seem to be a great alternative!

Was just having a conversation today about how comprehensive bearhug lifts can be.

One I have experimented with is bearhug into a GoodMorning, come back up and drop into a front squat, repeat.

Hugging the weight works anterior due to clamping effort, posterior due to pulling it tight to the trunk, mix with your favorite hinge and/or squat and you've got a relatively complete though somewhat unpleasant workout.

I haven't done any with plates though, I'll stick with my sandbags :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom