all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Plate loaded KB handles

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chrisdavisjr

Level 7 Valued Member
Can anyone recommend a decent plate loadable kettlebell handle or T handle for sale in the UK or Europe? I'd be looking to use it primarily for swings but if there is one that can be used for cleans, snatches, get-ups etc. with minimal discomfort that would be ideal.

@Chrisdavisjr, I cannot answer your question, but there are a number of DIY solutions out there using metal pipe and fittings. Google "Hungarian Core Blaster" - some will be t-handles, others not.

-S-

Hi Chris, I have gone down the road of the DIY option made of plumbing pipe and it works ok. It is recommended to replace it every 6 months if you're swinging heavy weight as the thread is not designed for this purpose. That's probably being over cautious but I guess it depends on where you are doing your swings.
There is a more heavy duty option available at www.strengthtools.com. This one can be loaded up to 135kg - not that I can swing that much but have used it fully loaded for deadlifts.
Hope that helps.

Hi Chris, I have gone down the road of the DIY option made of plumbing pipe and it works ok. It is recommended to replace it every 6 months if you're swinging heavy weight as the thread is not designed for this purpose. That's probably being over cautious but I guess it depends on where you are doing your swings.
There is a more heavy duty option available at www.strengthtools.com. This one can be loaded up to 135kg - not that I can swing that much but have used it fully loaded for deadlifts.
Hope that helps.

Hi Marc! That's a very nice looking bit of kit. It's probably not something I'll be needing until I've become an absolute beast, but very cool nonetheless.

Recently, I've been looking into the old-school kettlebell style dumbbell handles (Kettlebell Handles / Atomic Athletic Blog) as they look like they'd be ideal for practising get-ups and presses with intermediate weights.

I've also just found this: Dumbell Row Handle, which looks like it would be almost ideal for practising get-ups and presses, even though it's designed for rows. I just need to find someone selling something similar in the UK.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom