all posts post new thread

Old Forum PM Min Club!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

prowler83

Level 3 Valued Member
You go work, you pay your bills, you cook, clean change your bed. Life is routine. Thats why I guess people dont want that from training, so they change there training programs alot so they get some kinda diversity from ther training stimulus.

But the end of the day training for strength should be about doin the same moves, again and again and again. Thats what tells people apart, the ability to stick to something or not.

The pm is like jesus. It just keeps on giving. So a place where people can talk, discuss results and generaly ask questions or what ever regarding this awesome program.

An excellent program indeed.  I'll be cycling to it after I finish my dues with the Upper Back Attack from Geoff's "More Kettlebell Muscle."

I don't know that the PM is like Jesus.  I like the PM, but it can't give me salvation.

It can brother, you just gives unconditionally like the almighty himself. It likes a beutiful women if you nurture it the right way it will look after you for a lifetime. :)

Let me know how that works out in the next hundred, thousand, or million years.

"It likes a beutiful women if you nurture it the right way it will look after you for a lifetime."

unless the woman has borderline personality disorder.

i bought pavel's book which goes over the PM but don't have it available can you give the specific programming which constitutes the PM?

For the PM, do swings twice per week for 12 minutes, and TGUs twice per week for 5 minutes.

Man maker swings 2 times a week. 12 mins of swings, do a set of swings alternate with runs, runs on spot jump rope or jogging on the spot for recovery.

getups twice a week five mins change arms each rep. IOve found good to eventually build this up to 15 - 20 mins slowly. Then progress to bigger bigger bell

Getups, Swings, getups, swings. Thats all for the next ten years, untill the thought of doing another swings or getup makes you physically vomit, but youll do it anyway cause your a double hard bastard! :)

Yep, the PM is an awesome, all around, go to workout/training plan. I am doing the tgu's and swings in one workout three times a week however. With summer here, the kids in sports, the kids wanting to play with me after work, the landlord wanting me to work on weekends, and so much work to do at home, I find it neccesary to compress a bit and easier not to skip a workout if only three days a week. If there's any day I can squeeze anything extra into, I either do extra swings or loaded carries. Leaving the bigger longer workouts till later in the fall or winter when I get laid off (if I don't go logging for the landlord), that includes th ROP, which from what I read can make for a long workout unless the rest periods are compressed which could affect the effectivness of the program. I am really for and enjoying a quick twenty minute wormout three times a week. Have a great night comrads.

I was considering doing the same thing. Combining the PM for 3 days a week and then a couple days of double front squats and double clean and presses 2 days a week.

I've been doing the PM exclusively for weeks now, focusing on Rif's approach to swings and precise technique on TGU's, all with a 24.

Progress has been slow, steady, and for me, extremely satisfying. As I am not involved in a sport other than the sport of life, it's all I need.  Great GPP, indeed the"fountain of youth" for this 64 year old.  Too bad it's taken me decades to learn the message of "Focus on Fundamentals".

Jim

Four months, a record for me sticking to any program, lol. Payoff, the back and shoulders have jacked up a fair amount. Lets Milk this 32kg for all its worth! And see how far we can take it. For some reason I find the Goal of doin a Getup with a Bulldog or a Beast to be a most appealing goal. :)

Hey Aaron, so the PM can and does put some muscle on the body? Good to know. I will stick with it for awhile and see what happens to me lol. So your doing the four day a week approach? And the only change you have made is to increase the duration of the TGU's and eventually the bell size? Still sticking with the twelve minutes of swings?
I personally think the PM rocks. Its short, simple, idiot proof, and delivers.

Hunter,

Shoulders and back got pretty jacked from 3 months wid the 24kg. Also getups really hammer  and build the abs.  I slowly increased the duration of TGUs from 5 mins to 15-20 mins, over 3 month period then had go wid the 32kg and it went up right and left. I do make sure I get protein in most my meals which helps. But honest my prefrence isnt muscle building it just happened, also cause generally apart from the odd bit of beer binge, my diet isnt to bad.

I personally like keeping my swing sessions, to 12 mins. Short and sweet. I increase intensity via higher rep sets, start off 10- built up to 20rep sets and keeping my recovery periods shorter between sets, try keep them at 30 seconds eventually.  Thats just my individual preference. With the 24kg at first it was two hands as got better and stronger went to more one handed swings with the bell.

Not saying my ways, the right way or only way, but worked well for me for progressing. :)

Did you warm up as per the book? How about practicing the other lifts prior or did you just stick with the PM and lifes other activities?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom