all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed podcasts

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ali

Level 7 Valued Member
Since listening to Pavel on a podcast a while back I've got into listening to podcasts whilst out walking my dog. Not every walk obviously but I've tuned into some interesting stuff that I would otherwise not bother listening to. Heard Brett Contreras chat about glutes for 2 hours the other day which I wouldn't choose to normally in non dog walking mode but it was really informative. I can also pretend I'm listening to some cool new music to embarrass the teenagers. And a couple of Dan John interviews which are always fun and worthwhile. So any recommendations for good, fun, strength related chit chats on the old wireless? Thanks in advance

I find Tim Ferriss has a good mix on general health related topics. It was his interview with Pavel that got me started on S&S and turned me on to StrongFirst (I never had a warm fuzzy from the old company). Tim has a wide range of interests, but ultimately geared towards improving performance.

Strength Matters had lots of good guests. I only just found it last week and so far listened to 20 or so episodes. Quite a few Strongfirst related guests and topics so far.

Completely not training related is Serial. An awesome podcast and just starting the second season.

I second Scott Iardella's podcast as well as the Super Strength Show. Both have quality guests consistently and are extremely knowledgeable, about kettlebells and fitness in general. Strength Coach Podcast is Mike Boyle's podcast - he is on every show, and they have 2-3 guests per podcast as well. Gray Cook was featured prominently in these podcasts and it was very FMS heavy in the beginning. Not so much anymore, but still absolute quality. The "Stop Chasing Pain" podcast may be more for practitioners, as it delves more into SFMA and other pain issues, but I love it and there is a lot there for the lay person as well.

As for non-fitness; Tim Ferriss has good ones, Freakonomics is hit or miss but some good stuff, I actually really like one called EconTalk which is about "economics of daily life" (from show notes). Really cool weekly topics and guests and the host Russ Roberts is outstanding.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom