all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Poetry Gold & Rest Periods

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

The Nail

Level 7 Valued Member
Recently I realized I've been approaching the rest periods all wrong. This excerpt from S&S is Pure Poetic Gold. I laughed out loud and learned something in the process.

"I am not going to try to convince you to do swings for five hours. I do want you to take note of the working man’s attitude to training: “... to the point where you can do the movement over and over again. This is a blue-collar man doing his job. Contrast his mindset with that prevailing among the trainees who fancy themselves hardcore: prey fluttering and desperately trying to save its life."

So good.

Recently I realized I've been approaching the rest periods all wrong. This excerpt from S&S is Pure Poetic Gold. I laughed out loud and learned something in the process.

"I am not going to try to convince you to do swings for five hours. I do want you to take note of the working man’s attitude to training: “... to the point where you can do the movement over and over again. This is a blue-collar man doing his job. Contrast his mindset with that prevailing among the trainees who fancy themselves hardcore: prey fluttering and desperately trying to save its life."

So good.
And true...

Pavel has some kind of uncanny perceptive wisdom that gets to deeper levels of understanding about this stuff. It's important stuff and it needs this kind of perception. I'm enjoying the superhuman strength I'm developing through following his words.

So good.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent quote!

I don't know about you all, but I'd rather not have been prey.

Some hidden truth though, the "hardcore" training honestly does make me think of panicking, gasping for air.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom