all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Polar H10

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
Have any of you guys using the H10 noticed that the chest straps go deaf after a while? I'm noticing that after 8 or 10 months of regular use I'm getting drop outs and low reading. I switched to another strap and I'm back to full readings. I wonder the the electrodes wear out like they do in heathcare environments.

Has anyone else seen this?

I haven't had any problems with mine. Fresh battery and good cleaning should keep it going. Maybe Polar will replace or fix it for you if that doesn't work.

I'm using an old strap now that is working but stretched some. Maybe tonight I'll take them both down to the workshop and see if I can measure a difference in the resistance of the pickups. The reviews on amazon talk about having straps go bad after a while. I've got a new polar and a new aftermarket coming so I'll compare and see if there is a difference.

My first one gave up the ghost at about 10 months- thought it was the battery but replacing it didn't help, should probably have tried warranty replacement. I've got another one now which is about 6 months old so will report back...

My wife accidentally washed it in the machine and it‘s still working.
I have to change batteries every 3-4 months but I use it 3-5x per week. It‘s a great tool.

My wife accidentally washed it in the machine and it‘s still working.
I have to change batteries every 3-4 months but I use it 3-5x per week. It‘s a great tool.
They say you can actually swim in these things, but I haven't tried. I use my about the same 3-5 times a week. I don't mind having to replace the strap at about $20 once a year or so for the value it gives me in training.

They say you can actually swim in these things, but I haven't tried. I use my about the same 3-5 times a week. I don't mind having to replace the strap at about $20 once a year or so for the value it gives me in training.
I'm pretty sure the advice is actually to put them in the washing machine (just the strap, not the monitoring unit). You can definitely swim in them.

A late follow up. I got a battery tester that will test to CR2025 coin cells under load and I found that the batteries are very depleted before the watch warns you the battery is low. Unfortunately you can't just test these with a volt meter, you need to put some load on them and then measure the voltage. I think I may have been blaming dropouts on the H10 strap when it was a battery issue. I'm on a brand new battery right now so we'll see as it get's used up.

Querido Oso Rojo,

how is your feedback two weeks later?
I am going to buy a H10, at least that was my plan. (Because I had a comparable experiance with my Wahoo which I bought second hand in 2014...)

I've been pleased. I think I was forgetting how long I was using the batteries. They are cheap but forgotten. The new battery fixed all the dropouts and it was definite that my old one was bad. Get the H10. I love the accuracy and the ability to work without the watch on my wrist.

I've been using my H10 at least a couple times a week for almost 2 years now. Love it. Thank you for the updates here - I'm sure I'll need to eventually switch batteries and maybe get a new chest strap so this info is good to know.

I did learn that you have to remove the H10 unit from the strap after workouts otherwise the sweaty band will keep it on and drain the battery very quickly.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom