all posts post new thread

Barbell Possible Training Template

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SamHelsloot

Level 4 Valued Member
Greetings-

I am posting this new thread to inquire as to whether or not anyone has experimented with training template similar to what follows.

I’ve been seriously training for 5 years. No injury. I’m considering the following template as I need to increase my squat/hinge strength, would like to improve my upper body calisthenics proficiency, and I respond very well to high frequency/moderate volume/lower relative intensity.

Lower Body
- Squat 2x/Week
- Hinge 2x/Week

My primary lifts would be the front squat and snatch grip deadlift with the back squat or Zercher squat and hang power clean 1x every 2 weeks, respectively, as secondary exercises.

Also on these days, I would hit dips, pull ups, push ups, hanging leg raises alternating volume and intensity. For example, one day do weighted dips/chins and the next day higher volume push ups and rope climbing or towel pull ups.

Essentially it would be barbell for the lower body and bodyweight for the upper body with kettlebell assistance work for explosiveness and power endurance.

I did DL, dips, and pull ups for a couple months in an Easy Strength format last year and worked really well. The mistake I made was not keeping up my swings and goblets.

I did DL, dips, and pull ups for a couple months in an Easy Strength format last year and worked really well. The mistake I made was not keeping up my swings and goblets.

I was going to use swings/snatches in the “sandwich” format talked about in one of the SF blog articles. Doing them between sets of deads and squats.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom