all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Post a picture of your training gear DIYs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Great fun to see these things everyone has made for themselves. Thanks for posting them.

My issue would be my wife trusting me using something I'd made.

She and I were voice performance majors in college, and part of the way we paid for school was working as set carpenters for the Opera Department's productions. There were three of us in the shop, and whenever someone was in one of the productions, the others did the necessary woodworking.

One time, my wife and the third person, who was a master carpenter, were both in a production and I wasn't. They figured since I'd been at it for a while, they could ask me to make chairs without giving me further directions than "make chairs." After they saw the results, not only were they unable to use the chairs I'd made, they didn't even leave me in the shop by myself ever again.

-S-

Have you drilled holes in the bottom of your kettlebell(s) to be used on this device?

-S-
Yes. Drilled a hole then a thread. Then I can screw a bell pretty tight on the steal shaft I've welded. Essentially I welded a screw into a hole of a little steel plate - this plate is welded on one side of the tube.

Yesterday I did my first intro session of 45 sec prowler runs - resting a bit and then I've just put the mace off the chariot and did some mace 360 ies 10 left+10 right for 6 sets each.

Great combination. I imagine some prowler sprints to be a perfect fit in a Q&D scheme.

0l679ey3co791.jpg

Haven’t really used this yet, but picked it up 3 years ago in a fit of nostalgia.

Swapped out the cables for adjustable cargo strap so I could accommodate more holds. The steeper angle on the strap as it gets longer also sends resistance through the ceiling.

Planning to tinker with this using the same approach as my board. Will still be using the board for squat and DL since it is simply incapable of challenging these without some form of adjustable overhead bracing.

Am already trying this out for abs. Somewhat ridiculous contraption, but the original version of this made me the strongest kid in my 4th grade class back in ‘76.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom