all posts post new thread

Forum Business Post Editing

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pet'

Level 8 Valued Member
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a issue with the function "Edit" (whose button is on the left of the "report" button). Indeed, sometimes I have it, some other I do not.

For instance, as far as the training log goes, this is convenient when I log my training in the morning, and when I want to log another piece of training in the evening. Of course, I still can do another post.

This is also convenient when I want to modify a post I did in a thread.

Thanks !

Kind regards,

Pet'

You should have an Edit option. On mobile, it is buried in the “...” to the right of the Report button often. On my phone, the Edit button is buried in the “...” if I hold my phone vertically, but if I turn my phone 90° then I see the regular Edit button.

Clear as mud? :)

-S-

Hi Steve,

I'm having the same issue. the 'Edit' post button on historic messages in my training log disappeared in the last seven days since I've been away.

When I went to push on the 'Edit' button from a post this morning it said, "Error you are trying to post 300 minutes after the original post" or something to that effect.

Any other thoughts? Something has definitely changed on the forum...

Many thanks :)

Hello,

@Steve Freides
Thanks !

Yes this is clear, but for instance this morning (07.18.2020), I do not have any button next to the "Report" button in my training log :(

Here is a screenshot if it may help

1595066892770.png

Thanks again (and I am really sorry if I do something wrong...)

Kind regards,

Pet'

You should have an Edit option. On mobile, it is buried in the “...” to the right of the Report button often. On my phone, the Edit button is buried in the “...” if I hold my phone vertically, but if I turn my phone 90° then I see the regular Edit button.

Clear as mud? :)

-S-
Using a pc, no edit button and no " " or ..., not on all past posts, but most.

It seems that the forum software gives you 5 hours in which to edit a post. There are valid reasons why this is the default, mostly to preserve the integrity of the thread. If I could choose, I would prevent editing once a reply has been posted, yet I don’t think that’s a choice. But I think that’s the idea.

I will investigate further and see if I can make this somehow better for everyone. Have to think policy, and also what the forum software will allow me to configure.

-S-

Further thoughts:

I can see if it’s possible to expand editing privileges for everyone in just the training log sections. I think that would be helpful.

And, of course, I can lengthen the five hour time. That’s pretty easy to do.

-S-

Hello,

I can see if it’s possible to expand editing privileges for everyone in just the training log sections. I think that would be helpful.
Thank you very much !

But what seems curious to me, is that I never had this issue before, even on my training log.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom