all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Power push up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JohnC

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,
In The quick and the Dead instruction on the power push up it says “ The negative is a free fall” does this mean I drop from top position, catch myself before touching the floor then explode up?
Thanks for the help,
John

I think a controlled free fall would be more in order. In other words I think you should at least have a little bit of resistance on the negative. I just do my regular type push-up but try to explode more than I normally do. But I’m dealing with arthritis in my wrist and shoulders so I have to be careful.

I do PPU like this:
Starting set from the floor, lying on a stomach. But I tense my body before the set is initiated. Then I explode as hard as I can, free fall with resistant (kind of breaking), touch and go.

That’s what I was doing but wasn’t sure. I’ll experiment with both & see how it feels. I guess the important part is exploding up.
Thank you

There is also second variation of the PPU where your hands (palms or fists) remain on a surface. I think it's called 'rooted', correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi, I got the question about PPU. There is an instruction in the book about you should start from the bottom position with scapula retraction. Do you have some ideas why is it important? Im trying to avoid it in regular PU in bottom and top position.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom