all posts post new thread

Barbell Power to the People 2.0?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CClark2.0

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello,

I’ve been following the Power to the People 2.0 Military Press and Deadlift practice from the Strongfirst Training App. I’m on my fourth and last week of the program and wondering what to do after that. The app says the duration is four weeks and to test your 1rm at the end. After I’ve done that should I follow a different program or find a new 10 rep sort of max, and start a new 4 week cycle?

Thank You.

I’ve been following the Power to the People 2.0 Military Press and Deadlift practice from the Strongfirst Training App. I’m on my fourth and last week of the program and wondering what to do after that. The app says the duration is four weeks and to test your 1rm at the end. After I’ve done that should I follow a different program or find a new 10 rep sort of max, and start a new 4 week cycle?

A lot depends on where you are in your lifting life. Some people get run the same program over and over and get good results, although they might do program A, then program B, then back to A, and so on. You can run the same program back to back - you might find it works well. My own experience has been that I can run the same program once or twice in a row, but after that, I need a change or I'll find myself burned out before I finish the third iteration of the program. Without knowing more about you, I'd say that if you got a big boost in your 1RM from your current 4 week cycle, go for using it again.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom