all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bluemanslim

Level 1 Valued Member
hello im 21 years old i purchased power to the people i ve been working out around 2.5 years now i have gained some muscle and also some fat i m intrigued by the PTTP program im 86kg now around 20-25% bodyfat i want to lose some fat and i want to get stronger my best DL 145kgx3 press 60kgx2 and dip BW+35kgx3 i wanted to know if PTTP is good for me or not or is it an absolute beginner program thanks !!! Also sone explanation on how to set it up would be awesome thanks !!!

@Bluemanslim Welcome! All you need is a barbell, some weights, a copy of Power to the People! and patience. The program will get you stronger. Eating sensibly will reduce your body fat however I would focus on getting strong first and foremost and letting your body composition adapt to meet the requirements of the program.

While PTTP will work for the absolute beginner, there's no reason it wouldn't work for a more advanced trainee. What kind of program have you been following so far?

@Bluemanslim Welcome! All you need is a barbell, some weights, a copy of Power to the People! and patience. The program will get you stronger. Eating sensibly will reduce your body fat however I would focus on getting strong first and foremost and letting your body composition adapt to meet the requirements of the program.

While PTTP will work for the absolute beginner, there's no reason it wouldn't work for a more advanced trainee. What kind of program have you been following so far?
Hello thank you for you answer basically ive been doing full body 3 days a week changing intensities and volume here and there i think ive built some mass but i feel my lifts are weak (not to a beginner but to more advanced lifteds they are ) 145x3DL 60x2 OHP i dont bench much so thats okay i can do around 14 pull ups on a good day thats about it
Im planning on starting PTTP monday but im just worried about the low intensity and volume mentally something is saying not enough i juste want to be reassured again thank you for answering

Hey Bluemanslim, welcome to the forum. You asked if PTTP is an absolute beginner's program. Depends on your definition of beginner. I tend to look at beginners not in terms of the number of years they have been lifting, but rather the amount of weight they lift. For the deadlift and squat as a guy begins to close in on 2x his bodyweight, I'd say he has moved past beginner level. The 2x bw number is not a hard and fast rule, just a generality. I think you'll find that PTTP will work for you if you have the patience to stick with it and actually follow the program. You asked about how to set it up. Did you read the book? it's pretty straightforward.

In the FAQ of Enter the Kettlebell Pavel recommends jumping rope or sprint intervals for conditioning besides PTTP.

So for fat loss you might include 2-4 conditioning sessions. (For example accumulating 10 minutes of jumping rope with good form and nasal breathing with as little rest as possible).

Other than that: re-read PTTP and start working with it. In 8 weeks or so you will have learned something about the program and yourself.

Thanks for your answer man my question about setting it up was if PTTP was a stand alone routine or juste a template to use for two lifts also with the beginner stuff i meant my goal is to take may DL from 145x3 kg to around 180x3 and my OHP from 60x2 to 80 kg is this routine alright or does it lack the volume especially for the press thanks again for your answer !!
Hey Bluemanslim, welcome to the forum. You asked if PTTP is an absolute beginner's program. Depends on your definition of beginner. I tend to look at beginners not in terms of the number of years they have been lifting, but rather the amount of weight they lift. For the deadlift and squat as a guy begins to close in on 2x his bodyweight, I'd say he has moved past beginner level. The 2x bw number is not a hard and fast rule, just a generality. I think you'll find that PTTP will work for you if you have the patience to stick with it and actually follow the program. You asked about how to set it up. Did you read the book? it's pretty straightforward.
m

Pttp is 40 to 50 reps per week. Considering other routines Ive seen theres more volume there than in most.

Update !!!!!

Some months of pttp , pavel singles program and some messing around

Press is at 70 kg x 1
Deadlift is at 190kg x 1

How long did you do the singles program? How did it work for you compared to pttp? How many times per week did you train?

Ps: congrats! Nice job!!

Hey man thanks

The singles program i did for 6 weeks its seven but i skipped the deload 6 weeks because i did the 5 day a week version

You can do it 3 days a week toi juste look up deadlifts and swing go together like vodka and pickles article

Hey man thanks

The singles program i did for 6 weeks its seven but i skipped the deload 6 weeks because i did the 5 day a week version

You can do it 3 days a week toi juste look up deadlifts and swing go together like vodka and pickles article

Jep, the vodka-pickles article looks great. Perfectly together with q&d.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom