all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Powerlifting at 62

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Meet Report - WNPF, June 4, 2017

Above is my meet report from a few days ago, posted in the barbell forum. I deadlift only, make only two attempts, and go home. I hope anyone reading here will see me as an example that we can continue to lift, even competitively, as we get older. The competition isn't to prove anything but serves as the focal point of my training.

-S-

How did your warm ups go. You obviously had a solid performance. For me weight calls, changing calls, and the timing of warm ups and food was the real competition. When on the platform you just compete with fear and gravity, off the platform is all strategy. That is what I miss about Weightlifting.

I'm a very low volume lifter normally, and also at a meet. For my DDD at home, it was 6 singles, and no warmups. For the meet, 225 x 2, 255 x 1, 315 x 1 were my warmups, and 325 and 365 were my two pulls. I plan everything before the training cycle starts. Next planned meet is November 11-12, 2017. Training cycle will start about 3 months before, exact date to be determined by working backwards on the calendar but somewhere in mid-to-late August. 75% for DDD will be either 295 or 300 - will try both at start of cycle to see which feels better, and depending on that choice, will pick 375 or 380 for meet second pull, will open with 335.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom