all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Practice in 5-min window times during the day.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kaveh

First Post
Hi,
I do 5-6 days kettlebell swing+getup (simple & sinister) every week.
On the other hand, during my daily work behind desk, i take 5-min breaks every 30 mins which i use to do some other form of exercises like: chin-up, dip, pushup and etc. basically i have about 40-50 mins of exercises in 5-min window times during the day in addition to my 20-25 mins of S&S program.

the questions I've:
Is this too much of exercise for every day? should i avoid doing those 5-min practices or replace them with light stretches and walking to get better result of my S&S training?
What are the other form of exercises i can do during those break times to improve my strength (and probably muscle mass)?

Thanks,
Kaveh

I used grease the groove timing to improve a lift in a kind of OLAD style programming.

When I was deep into it I was spending a day doing presses , swings , or snatches .

THE PROGRAM

I'm calling it Program Absolute Minimum. From what I can tell, it's apparently a pure strength protocol just like Justa singles.

• 1 series = 2 sets. LH + RH .
  • 5 series per day.
  • All series in one day are same exercise and weight.
  • An exercise is not repeated 2 days in a row.
Reps chart16kg24kg32kg
Swing 2H / 1H-20 / 1010 / 5
Press-105
Snatch105-
  • Program calls for performing 1 series ( a left arm and right arm set) of one exercise 5 times throughout the day; in grease the groove fashion.
  • A different exercise is selected for each day.
  • The warm up is comprised of being awake long enough to have had a second cup of coffee.
  • The cool down is a 90-90 stretch once or twice per week.

Last edited:
Hi,
I do 5-6 days kettlebell swing+getup (simple & sinister) every week.
On the other hand, during my daily work behind desk, i take 5-min breaks every 30 mins which i use to do some other form of exercises like: chin-up, dip, pushup and etc. basically i have about 40-50 mins of exercises in 5-min window times during the day in addition to my 20-25 mins of S&S program.

the questions I've:
Is this too much of exercise for every day? should i avoid doing those 5-min practices or replace them with light stretches and walking to get better result of my S&S training?
What are the other form of exercises i can do during those break times to improve my strength (and probably muscle mass)?

Thanks,
Kaveh
Last year I did very similar, but for my quick breaks I did naked warrior so I worked on pistols and one arm pushups, and then did S&S early in the morning. It was definitely tough, but I was also in a caloric deficit and lost about 40 pounds over 6 months so honestly I think that was the reason I felt it so much. Once I added calories back that amount of work was no problem for me, and if you've been doing it and feel fine it should be fine for you. Just watch your recovery and back off if needed, but S&S is designed to leave room for additional work so if you feel good I would stick with it.

I would completely switch your program. During your 5-minutes to get out from behind the desk: do 1-set of Swings and 1 Get Up on each side. By the end of the day you will be smoked. Then on the other days focus on things like presses, rows or whatever. Just an idea.

I would completely switch your program. During your 5-minutes to get out from behind the desk: do 1-set of Swings and 1 Get Up on each side. By the end of the day you will be smoked. Then on the other days focus on things like presses, rows or whatever. Just an idea.
That's kind of not possible. I don't have enough space in the office for that. I need to go out of the office to the basement for proper swing/getup which takes longer than my break time.

it all comes down to your age,experience,sleep,stress,diet and recovery ability.to me,not a simple yes/no answer.If your life style variables are on point,continue the program and monitor your response.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom