all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pre-Shower 3-10 min simple BW workout routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Coach Karen Smith has a great program: "Built by Bodyweight", with perfectly planned progressions / regressions, depending on the level you're starting from. It covers stregth and conditioning, both.

I can't access the news letter just now (an on going annoyance)....what is the gist of this article?
The point was that jumping split squats are the most affordable/low impact dynamic exercise for lower body. Pavel also recommended doing them in antiglycolitic fashion. He compared it to jump squat, which "does not suit many trainees. Like a ktb snatch, it's a 'restricted entry' exercise".

Lots of great options in this thread. Personally I am drawn to simplicity. This is why I would pick two movements and repeat them back to back for a certain amount of time, for example 10 minutes. Quality reps, easy sets, nasal breathing, far from failure. Rest as needed. Over time you will be able to do more and harder movements.

This article has the same approach with an added crawl or carry: Super Simple Stength | Original Strength
Thank you, I personally like the concept of only 2 exercises

Coach Karen Smith has a great program: "Built by Bodyweight", with perfectly planned progressions / regressions, depending on the level you're starting from. It covers stregth and conditioning, both.
Where can this program be seem/purchased ?

The point was that jumping split squats are the most affordable/low impact dynamic exercise for lower body. Pavel also recommended doing them in antiglycolitic fashion. He compared it to jump squat, which "does not suit many trainees. Like a ktb snatch, it's a 'restricted entry' exercise".
So is it like a QnD program except the KB Swing is replaced by Jumping Split Squats ?

So is it like a QnD program except the KB Swing is replaced by Jumping Split Squats ?
Not exactly like that, but similar. My point was that if you are really short of time, the exercises chosen should be dynamic and you should elevate your heart rate without elevating lactate that much. Combination of jump split squat and power pushup is IMHO ideal for short A+A bodyweight-only sessions.

Not exactly like that, but similar. My point was that if you are really short of time, the exercises chosen should be dynamic and you should elevate your heart rate without elevating lactate that much. Combination of jump split squat and power pushup is IMHO ideal for short A+A bodyweight-only sessions.
Thank you, this is interesting @jozko, how would you structure the work out session based on these 2 exercises then ? Would QnD protocol be a good solution here ?

Thank you, this is interesting @jozko, how would you structure the work out session based on these 2 exercises then ? Would QnD protocol be a good solution here ?
I think yes, but if I were you, I'd choose good old autoregulation. You will have better days with more time, when you can go longer and harder. And you will have days which sucks, so you will go easier. An example - 6 jumping split squats, 20 seconds pause, 3 power pushups, 20 second pause... and so on.

I’m right there with you kids, job, commute, homework, after school activities it can be a lot! I don’t know if any 15 min body weight programs but I’ve fallen in love with Geoff Neuperts programs. They take anywhere from 20-30 min 3x a week which is super do-able. And they give great results and make you feel great (not wrecked). Even weeks where I do three 20 min sessions of the Giant instill get solid strength results.
All 3 days of the Wolf complex plus the Force Recon complex, unbroken, 100 reps total , takes around 4:30 with dbl. #26's.Or take 2 of the previous, knock those out, rest 1:00, do the other two, takes about 5:30 with #35's.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom