all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Preparation for Tampa Kettlebell course

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Allison

First Post
Hello,

I am planning on attending the December Kettlebell course in Tampa. I am relatively new and I am hoping for as much detail as anyone would like to share. I.e., advice for preparation, what to expect, personal experiences with this course, etc. Is this course good preparation for certification? Any info or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Allison

Hi Allison and welcome. Here is a write-up I did on the one-day kettlebell course I attended in Jan 2015, hope this helps.
http://www.strongfirst.com/community/threads/sfg-kettlebell-course-experience.4764/

Yes, it was a good preparation for certifciation in that you will learn a lot of the principles and specific techniques for the swing, get-up, press, and goblet squat. You won't do cleans or snatches, but the basics of the other skills will set you on the right path.

Hi Allison and welcome. Here is a write-up I did on the one-day kettlebell course I attended in Jan 2015, hope this helps.
http://www.strongfirst.com/community/threads/sfg-kettlebell-course-experience.4764/

Yes, it was a good preparation for certifciation in that you will learn a lot of the principles and specific techniques for the swing, get-up, press, and goblet squat. You won't do cleans or snatches, but the basics of the other skills will set you on the right path

Thank you for this review and information. I am physically fit, but I would categorize myself as a kettlebell beginner, any preparation necessary or suggested?

No preparation is necessary for the 1-day course, but the more prepared you are, the more you will get out of it, for sure! So it's great that you're thinking about it.

With that said, you won't need to do any physical training like you're training for an event. It will be a long day, but in a good way -- not overly exhausting. So the preparation can be about getting familiar with kettlebells, learning about the basic moves, and getting some practice. This will give you time to generate questions or have some areas that you can really get clarified at the class, which is very satisfying! If you don't have access to a class or instructor currently, I'd suggest getting a copy of "Kettlebell Simple & Sinister" and begin just as described in the book, using the kettlebell deadlift and other progressions to work into the swing and get-up. These will provide the basis for everyting you do in the class, and you'll learn a lot from the material in the book.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom