all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Preparing for the March, 2023 SFG

Anna C

Level 9 Valued Member
Team Leader Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Sinister
SFG I in Hawaii! Sounds like a blast! If you don't find anyone here, you might try contacting Andrea or Zar directly to see if they can email directly those who have registered so far.

I'm excited for you! Anything we can help with regarding your prep for the cert itself?

Hi @Anna C thank you for your reply and offer to help! Since this will be my first time and we have anywhere between 3-3.5 weeks until the workshop, what would you suggest is the best way to prepare for the 3-day course.
Is there a list of every movement that we'll be expected to know, and or better yet any chance you can provide some perspective on what to expect or how the 3 days will be structured? My partner was saying, I don't think you'll be lifting KB's for 3 days straight from 8am-6pm, and I suspect that's true :)

SFG I in Hawaii! Sounds like a blast! If you don't find anyone here, you might try contacting Andrea or Zar directly to see if they can email directly those who have registered so far.

I'm excited for you! Anything we can help with regarding your prep for the cert itself?
Hi @Anna C just found this How to Prepare for and Pass Your SFG Level I | StrongFirst so not sure if my Q was redundant, however if there's anything else I should consider to have a successful time at the event, please do share.

Is there a list of every movement that we'll be expected to know

It will cover the 6 skills listed on this page. Be sure to check out the video, too! Also the requirements for passing the cert are on that page. Looking at the standards, let us know how you would self-assess at this point.

I don't think you'll be lifting KB's for 3 days straight from 8am-6pm, and I suspect that's true :)
True! Certainly not lifting the whole time. But the days are long and there is a lot of lifting. You'll have some warm-up and mobility, some instruction, some practice, more instruction, more practice, coaching your training partner(s) on their skills, and then on the 3rd day, the snatch test, technique tests, and grad workout.

I think most of that is still relevant, with one exception: there's no longer a written test.

Back
Top Bottom