all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

inclined push ups 36, 24, 15
leg raises 20, 20

First set of push ups was 110% effort, almost there (at 40 reps).
I think I'll drop the third set - it only adds to misery and eats up
recovery time. I believe that two sets with at least 100% effort are
enough for me.

Leg raises strong, still not sure how to proceed though.

I am learning hard way that this type of training is completely
different from what I did before - here you are getting stronger when
you rest, really rest.

It looks like my foray into pure BW training is over. It's been good time though.
Nevertheless, during the last week, I found myself pressing KB on every non-CC day
and it simply doesn't mix well. The choice had to be made and I've chosen iron.

Rows and leg raises of some sort will stay with me as I've seen
too much a benefit from them to be abandoned - I have thicker lats and stronger core.

I am, of course, doing a lot of presses w/ 32 bell right now and considering future programming.

Last edited:
Nice to see you running free again. A good way to do it; train long enough to learn, and then pick the best parts to keep. What kind of considerations do you have for your future training?

Nice to see you running free again. A good way to do it; train long enough to learn, and then pick the best parts to keep. What kind of considerations do you have for your future training?

Good question! I did not come up with any clear answer so far and therefore I do what I like the best,
taking some iron from the ground above my head along the course of the whole day, taking liberal amount
of rest. Basically gtg-ing c&p.

Future, well, let'see. I could actually afford to go pretty regularly to gym picking up barbell, so that's
also one possibility.

Good question! I did not come up with any clear answer so far and therefore I do what I like the best,
taking some iron from the ground above my head along the course of the whole day, taking liberal amount
of rest. Basically gtg-ing c&p.

Future, well, let'see. I could actually afford to go pretty regularly to gym picking up barbell, so that's
also one possibility.

GTG C&P is always a solid plan. It's what I always did the most with my kettlebells. I tried different things and always came back to it. Because I clearly liked doing it the most.

I am obviously partial to the barbell training. But the most important thing is to do something that you enjoy.

Still, since you bravely dipped your toes in the bodyweight waters, it could be reasoned to be a good idea to take a step into the dark side and have a similar experiment with the barbell.

GTG C&P is always a solid plan. It's what I always did the most with my kettlebells. I tried different things and always came back to it. Because I clearly liked doing it the most.

C&P is essence of strength training for me, works the whole body. I wonder how the C&P with barbell would be.
Have you ever tried it?

I am obviously partial to the barbell training. But the most important thing is to do something that you enjoy.

Still, since you bravely dipped your toes in the bodyweight waters, it could be reasoned to be a good idea to take a step into the dark side and have a similar experiment with the barbell.

Haha, yes, it's the one of the main training modalities I've never really dipped my toes in. You're barbell Mephisto.

C&P is essence of strength training for me, works the whole body. I wonder how the C&P with barbell would be.
Have you ever tried it?

I haven't done a lot of the barbell clean. It's a bit different than the kettlebell clean and I don't have the mobility for the weightlifting rack. In any case, the clean is a wonderful exercise, and compared to the kettlebell, it is typically done only for a set of one to three reps or so. It is all about power.

I quite like the kettlebell clean, it's my favourite of the kettlebell ballistics. But with the barbell we get loading, both absolute and incremental.

It's a good thing this topic came up, as I now remember I had meant to start training the barbell clean more seriously after the last cycle. Should be fun.

Have been using sandbag power cleans and shouldering for a few as part of a metcon circuit, but am beginning to get a glimpse of something more, something deviously simple, something heavier...

btw glimpse of what?!

Making set of 2-4 reps with a 6 rep max the cornerstone of a given session, or all of it for that matter. It is such a complete whole body systemic butt whipping, all it needs is some carrying between reps. Especially as the bag gets larger it becomes that much tougher on the shoulders and arms to even keep the bag up there.

Shoulder clean, carry 60 seconds, drop and repeat immediately for 3 reps. Take a break and repeat for 20-30 minutes.

Making set of 2-4 reps with a 6 rep max the cornerstone of a given session, or all of it for that matter. It is such a complete whole body systemic butt whipping, all it needs is some carrying between reps. Especially as the bag gets larger it becomes that much tougher on the shoulders and arms to even keep the bag up there.

Shoulder clean, carry 60 seconds, drop and repeat immediately for 3 reps. Take a break and repeat for 20-30 minutes.

That ought to be effective!

Continue doing daily dose of one arm C&Ps with 32 kg bell in the grease the groove manner.
I do not count them and it surely varies but between 20-30 singles per day per arm sounds about right.

Last edited:
Okey, I've announced to start Kettlebell Strong last week but it did not happen because of
Eastern holiday related stuff, but I've still pressed bells at least five times per week.

Anyway, Kettlebell Strong will have to wait for some time, because I've oficially joined the
gym today. More to come soon.

Back
Top Bottom