all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Goofing around the gym continues...

Squat - started with empty bar, went up to 100x2 where bar speed slowed down considerably
so I left it so. I won't do much more anyway, 5 kg or perhaps 10 kg, but not more.

Press - plan was to do 5x5 with 70 kg but it did not happen, to my disappointment.
It went 5,4,4,3,3. Oh well. I think I'll try to 'sort of max out' next time to see where I stand.

Parallel grip chin ups - 5,3,3,2,2

Hanging knee raises - 2x10

That was it for today. I'll try to figure out some plan to start on Monday - or not and I continue
to do whatever I like.

Hey @masa thanks for asking! Everything ok, it's just that my schedule is a bit erratic right now.
I planned to start the Faleev/Tsatsouline routine but they just began to move the gym to the new place
this week and will be closed down the whole next week. Consequently, I am doing whatever comes to my
mind while being there - e.g. yesterday I did just singles of C&Ps with 80 kg bar for about an hour.
Sore from head to toes today. After it'll all settle down I'll finally start the linear cycle.

Today was press day and it went as follows:

Barbell press
50x5
60x5
70x5
80x2
85x1
85x1

Those 85 kg felt pretty good but I do not think there is 90 in me, yet.
Concluded by 3x10 of rows on machine. Note to myself: try old plain
barbell rowing. Overall happy with 85kg max.

My log is pretty s***ty as of a late but here we go for yesterday and today.

30. 5. 2019
Deadlift
100x5
120x3
140x1
160x1
160x1
140x1x2
120x5
100x8
Third serious deadlifting session ever. Wanted to pull four plates but 160 was heavy enough for yesterday.

Press
50x5
60x5
80x3 (PR)
85x1
Next time I'll try 85 for double. Let's see.

I was really determined to squat today, I really was.
Instead, as some of the readers of my diary might had already guessed, I pressed.

Press
50x5
60x5
80x1 - the bar flew really fast that gave me an idea to try
90x1 - yep! (PR)

Concluded with four sets of biceps curls and left.

Nice!

What is your typical training a week like these days?

Nothing like typical training week so far. I realized that there is no sense in starting any linear cycle
before the end of summer. Consequently, whenever I have time and go to gym, I typically focus on
one main lift plus some assistance, which consists mostly of curls or chins or some sort of rowing on machine.

Back
Top Bottom