all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Thanks! The horn was full of sahti. Not as good as my own product, but decent. ;)Picture was taken last summer @ Häme Medieval Festival. Best and only enjoyable weekend last year.

Unfortunately, this kind of festivities were completely banned over here for the the whole last year
and that's really bad bussiness practice if you ask me cos I've always enjoyed mead and co, hahaha.

Let's see where this year goes.

Unfortunately, this kind of festivities were completely banned over here for the the whole last year
and that's really bad bussiness practice if you ask me cos I've always enjoyed mead and co, hahaha.

Let's see where this year goes.
There was a ~ 30000 people during the weekend and I didn't heard any Covid spreading because of that. Fortunately the festival was held @ right time before the restrictions got tighter. But all in all deaths are around the same than with the flu, so I don't personally understand the hype in here Finland. In the Satakunta area, where I live, the numbers are the lowest approx.

Here the number are relatively high but still the number people who consider taking the shot is quite low.
My wife will get one cos she is doctor in hospital where approximately 40 procent of the personal
has already contracted covid. I'll be eligible for that a bit later, spring time probably.

Anyway, stay healthy!

I've been recently adviced to somehow restructure my dietary and drinkign patterns. As a result,
I've increased amount of thing like veggies, whole grains, pulses, and fishes etc in my diet and
cut back quite sharply on that booze. It's only a few weeks now but it so far seems to have
an ability to keep my weight at about 100 kg which one I'd arrived at in not so healthy way.

As for the training, I do CC together with my son but some days I also can't resists and pick
the 32 kg bell and press it. Immediate plan is to slowly get back to the patter of regular, at least
3-4 times a week, training.

One of the funny and somehow related thing I did in times I could not train was to get
my DNA checked, ancestry infos being obviously the main motivation. It seems to be
rather popular nowadays. One of the side results that pertains to the SF stuff was that I am
genetically predisposed to have higher than average muscle power level. Nice. Also that
I am geared towards power, as an opposite to endurance activities. One of the reports even
flat out told me that I should train with heavy weights, low repetitions and long rest periods
in order to optimize my absolute strength. Well, whatever the real significance of those results is,
they confirm my very own training experience.

I was fighting the weaknes of mind lately which masked itself as thoughts
of buying 24 kg kettlebell. I only have 32 kg and 40 kg right now. The thoughts were trying
to convince me about sheer necessity of getting 24 so the transition from inactivity
into full training would be much smoother. In a way, it makes sense. My guesstimate
is that i am able to do maybe 3 reps of one arm press with 32 so building up the volume
with lighter weight is a one sure way. On the other hand, the clean portion of lift feels very light.
In the end, I supressed those poisonous ideas and stay faithfull to my 32 bell.

Last edited:
Last couple of days I am thinking of how to mix KBs and CC into somethig meaningful.
Either I make one full body session of CC a week and rest will be KBs or two-week blocks
where I alternate, ala ROTK. I am more inclined to the latter so far.

Last couple of days I am thinking of how to mix KBs and CC into somethig meaningful.
Either I make one full body session of CC a week and rest will be KBs or two-week blocks
where I alternate, ala ROTK. I am more inclined to the latter so far.
Why don't you just press kettlebell heavy once a week and do push-ups ala CC rest of the week.

Why don't you just press kettlebell heavy once a week and do push-ups ala CC rest of the week.

CC, as presented in the book, is high intensity program, with low volume and frequency and high intensity.
I'd like to keep this as 'pure' as possible. With KBs on the other hand, I prefer to train at least three times a week.
Threrefore I thought that the blocks would do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom