all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Press paired with what other kettlebell grind?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Ah, sets of clean & press + sets of front squat! I see! This gets a bit of that "big pull" into it too with the clean and press! By front squat, we mean the bell is held in one hand in the rack position???

My first choice would be double front squat.

Other alternatives:
Goblet squat or single front squat (rack position)
SLDL (Single leg DL. Keep your hips level and reach back with your back leg heel)
Windmill (can be combined in the same set as presses in various ways)
KBDL (One or two-handed. Sets of 20, which still shouldn't be too sweaty. A good drill in itself and helps refine your hinge for your swings. Keep the bell back between your heels and your arm tight to your torso -- don't let it drift forward).
Suitcase, rack, and overhead holds/carries.

These are all good "fill-in-the-gaps" variety drills that are good to mix in, even if you are not really focusing on them or trying to progress them in an organized way.

Also Original Strength rocking, rolling, and crawling variations.
That is extremely informative, thank you!

The prying goblet curl is great for building up think arms! I've had a lot of success with this through following the S&S book instructions as part of the "warm up" exercises, and it's something I do nearly every day regardless of whether I do S&S or not since it's easy to do and not sweaty at all.

I'm looking for advice on a move to pair with the kettlebell (military) press, with a kettlebell, for a light (not like S&S or ROP) workout for judo days or whatever when I don't want to get all sweaty nor block off a chunk of time at home, so some kind of grind. For example, maybe the goblet squat. It could be from SFII, I don't care from where. I'm not trying to find something that equals a "real" exercise routine like S&S but rather a paired exercise with the press that is "pretty good" at hitting a lot of muscles and movements without sweating (much). So, the TGU is out since it is too sweaty and time consuming. No snatch, no swing.

Any suggestions?

I tend to do a lower body push (squat) and an upper body pull (pull up or some kind of row). Conversely, I try to combine a lower body pull (deadlift, clean, whatever...) and an upper body push (dip, press...).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom