all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Press...Press....Press...where's the pull?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm gonna be in a hurry now to get back my callisthenic strength. I relied on it for 30 years and suddenly stopped to do S&S. I need to do both.
Don’t think you necessarily need to do both. But I’m sure it won’t hurt

2010 Budokan Masters Champion
2010 Budokan Senior Male -100kg Champion
2009 Eastern Ontario Masters Champion
2009 Senior International Cup Judo Champion;
2009 Copa Ontario BJJ Champion;
2008 Joslin's Canadian Open BJJ Champion;
2008 Budokan Judo Champion;
2008 Budokan Judo Champion - Black Belt division, Senior Male, -90kg.
Nice work

Don’t think you necessarily need to do both. But I’m sure it won’t hurt
Well, this is my dilemma, isn't it? S&S is a stand alone program to make sure your belly is sucked in and that you look attractive to your mate and stronger than you need to be to handle any physical challenge in life that a civilian faces (and I'm talking about health things like sitting in a chair all day and avoiding back pain and heart problems, not necessarily about moving pianos although it works for that.) For a sport, specialization is needed. It's tricky for me. Judo is not as good as an "exercise" as is S&S in my opinion because judo overdoes it in certain areas and leaves you lacking in others. It will categorically not suck in your belly - lots of beer bellied top level players! Judo isn't designed as a wholesome body exercise, but rather as a compromise between self-defence skills, entertainment value and exercise (mainly cardio), which you have to buy into in order to want to do it and to stay with it. Judo makes your shoulders sore because that's where the force is going the whole time. It's a tricky sport to work around... to stay fit! Hahaha! That's ironic!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom