all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pressing reset

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

taedoju

Level 3 Valued Member
hey, anyone is doing it ? Do you Feel difference in mobility for example ? What is your opinion about it ?

Well.... I do S&S, Fighter Pull-ups, and lots of rock climbing. I started OS resets about a month ago. I have jumped a whole grade and more in bouldering. Coincidence...?

I do it daily usually in the AM before my training and then in the PM after work. Everything got stronger/better once I started using OS.

@MikeMoran what is the minimum recommended frequency (if there is one) below which there is no benefit? I train with weights 3-5 days a week. I use the OS Reset to warm up before that; so I do OS Reset only 4-5 times a week. Am I still benefiting, I doubt sometimes. Thanks.

I think it will vary from person to person and also which resets and how long. I would say the minimum effective dose is 1x a day - 5-10 minutes for most people. You have to sort of play with the resets and log/test it with your training or how you feel. I found for example that certain rolls make me feel better/stronger than others,etc.

Play.

I have incorporated resets for the last 8 weeks, daily. I started longer ago with just head nods at work. since eight weeks I am into crawling outside as a complement to Al Ciampa's protocol 104. A few sets of elevated rocking before the swing schedule, leopard & spiderman crawling gtg style (yes crawling is hard. Really hard), cross crawling here and there at work, just lying down in front of the PC whilst writing this and getting occasion to stretch a bit, tongue on the roof, belly breathing, rolling.
Tim's and Geoff's site has great articles to get an idea. There are so many pro- and regressions and in my opinion easy to implement (one of the biggest challenge can be, if somebody is watching. Great fun)and I just do not want to think in sets and reps in here. It feels great and just works.

I'm glad people keep bringing this up. It reminds me to do it. This morning I did some rocks/nods, a quadruped crawl, and a spiderman crawl in my warm-up. It is just amazing how many effective mobilizations were accomplished with this simple routine. Hands and feet, spine position, loosening neck and shoulder tension, coordinating left and right, waking up and activating the abs, packing the shoulders and making the lats connect the arms to the torso, opening up the hips, improving balance, working on diaphragmatic breathing --- all from this quick little "fun" set of activities!

Hands and feet, spine position, loosening neck and shoulder tension, coordinating left and right, waking up and activating the abs, packing the shoulders and making the lats connect the arms to the torso, opening up the hips, improving balance, working on diaphragmatic breathing --- all from this quick little "fun" set of activities!
without even thinking about it.

OS works. I always do it as a warm up. And sometimes I just love to roll. I really love rolling and I think it's really effective for your core. Once I start with KB strong I will also do some extra crawling at the end of my training.

I'm the wet blanket. I didn't notice any measured improvement, specifically in my hamstrings. I'm talking about improved mobility specifically, not just feeling warmed-up before or during a workout, heightened proprioception, etc. I still love Geoff's work though, and the Original Strength crew is very classy.

I just now clicked the video in the post above...
It might not look as impressive to the uneducated as a world record deadlift or anything, but holy cow does Tim Anderson move with IMPRESSIVE control and fluidity. He makes it look so easy.

I have had a quite pronounced anterior pelvic tilt and associated iliopsoas tendonitis for about 6 months of last year. Attempting the more traditional methods of dealing with this really had no result, however standing cross crawls and the rest of the reset (though I don't find crawling as useful) daily since the start of the year has made a real difference. I now only have issues at the end of a long shift at work, after a lot of stooping or sitting on chairs with poor lumbar support.

I personally prefer a set of deadbugs to crawling, but then I have a much more specific issue.

I just now clicked the video in the post above...
It might not look as impressive to the uneducated as a world record deadlift or anything, but holy cow does Tim Anderson move with IMPRESSIVE control and fluidity. He makes it look so easy.

I regularly check Tim's YouTube channel and browse through his videos. Not only does he move well, but he's always coming up with different variations that are fun to experiment with. His videos are short, clear, and presented with a contagious sense of playfulness.

That's also one of the things I like most about OS in general. It's presented as movement play. I don't look it as a warm up, corrective for whatever dysfunction, or training for a goal, but as play.

Although I have noticed "results" from doing OS: improvements in mobility (particularly hips and thoracic spine), fewer aches, pains and tight spots, etc, this is not the main reason I like it. For me, it "works" because it's fun and feels good, and that's why I do it.

I practice it, generally as a warmup to any kettlebell work. I find rocking really gets me set up for squats extremely well. Crawling and different and its variations also really make my hips feel amazing and ready to go, especially leopard crawling. Still working up to it though.

What I do find fun is the many variations of rolls. One day I would love to take the course simply to learn more about the progressions from rolling. Is that covered in any of the books? I have the Pressing Reset: Reloaded book and that is currently it

I practice it, generally as a warmup to any kettlebell work. I find rocking really gets me set up for squats extremely well. Crawling and different and its variations also really make my hips feel amazing and ready to go, especially leopard crawling. Still working up to it though.

What I do find fun is the many variations of rolls. One day I would love to take the course simply to learn more about the progressions from rolling. Is that covered in any of the books? I have the Pressing Reset: Reloaded book and that is currently it

None of the books cover rolling as well as attending the PRESSING RESET workshop. 8 hours of OS. I was even pretty experienced at a lot of the RESETS but lemme tell you my body was smoked after that day. Learned so much!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom