all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pressing reset

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
None of the books cover rolling as well as attending the PRESSING RESET workshop. 8 hours of OS. I was even pretty experienced at a lot of the RESETS but lemme tell you my body was smoked after that day. Learned so much!!

I attended a two day workshop a couple of years ago (intro and performance, although from looking at website, the workshops don't seem to be organized the same way). I felt like I got a lot out of it and definitely recommend it. However, I felt like the biggest value of the workshop was that it was an organized/coached/forced intensive test drive of OS. The experience of doing a lot of reps in a short period of time, really dramatized the value of OS and laid a foundation for continuing my own practice.

Although Tim and Geoff believe strongly in their system, their presentation is less dogmatic than pragmatic, and more experimental, playful, and encouraging than prescriptive, proscriptive, or admonishing (as training systems and methodologies so often are).

Subscribed. I just got this book the other day and have almost finished reading it. I love the concepts and want to reclaim my smashed up, desk and chair bound body.

Tim moves like water which is pretty impressive considering he also looks super strong.

I want to thank all of you for this thread. Just before it started I signed up for the OS workshop in Rockford, Illinos in June. I've "played around" with the resets for several years and own most of Tim and Geoff's books but only recently started do the resets consistently, at least once a day.

This tired old body has been helped significantly by that practice and I am looking forward to imersion on the system at Rockford. As others have said, OS is almost playful in its approach and it would be easy to dismiss it as not "serious" training. From my experience that conclusion would be wrong.

Even if your program is kettlebell or barbell based, I would encourage you to consider OS as a movement-based foundation for your training.

Jim

I thought it was stupid when I first read about it a couple years ago. Now I do a full reset routine at least twice a day.

I started because I had some upper back pain that might have been over active nerves, trigger points, or just good old fashioned tightness I guess. Dan Johns bat wings, really hard rolling with a lacrosse ball, and RKC arm bars helped a little. After a while I just figured, why not try that weird crawling and rolling stuff and see if it helps. If I do at least two reset sessions a day, I have no pain or tightness issues whatsoever.

Been doing it for 5 or 6 weeks now. Set an overhead press PR yesterday after not having progress in that lift for a couple years now and not really working on that specifically. I also feel like I need less warming up before a workout. No idea why it works, but I like it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom