all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Priorities

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've always called this the Swiss Army knife effect. It's a good tool when you have nothing else. It does many things well, but it does nothing great. Business has gone this direction.

We've cut things to increase profit and glamorized it with the term, multi-task. People have so many things to do they do nothing great but possibly a few things just o.k. I believe this causes many folks to become "burned out" with training. Not only has life given them a number of priorities, but the fitness industry has overwhelmed them with so many directions they believe they must go. Soon the 1.5 - 2 HR training session becomes a burden rather than enjoyment.

That is why I believe what StrongFirst does is so brilliant. Programs which are simple, not easy, but effective. Swings & get-ups, pull-ups & presses, or just simply snatches. Programs which give you a fine general conditioning base and leave you with the time and energy to become great at other things like the deadlift or just life.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom