all posts post new thread

Barbell Problems with pttp weights or S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nickel-o3

First Post
So I have read both pttp and s&s and have a question regarding what I should do. I believe S&S is the right program to follow for now considering I have not reached simple. My problem is I only own a 16kg bell right now and can't order a 24 at this time because everywhere seems to be out of stock or out of budget. Because of this, I was going to do pttp for a few cycles until I am able to get my hands on the bell I need. I own a bar and plates but I only have 10 pound plates and higher. So at some point I would have to make jumps of 20-30 lbs. Is this adviseable? My goal is gpp because I plan on applying for a local police department and believe the carryover would bee more beneficial. Any insight would be appreciated.

So I have read both pttp and s&s and have a question regarding what I should do. I believe S&S is the right program to follow for now considering I have not reached simple. My problem is I only own a 16kg bell right now and can't order a 24 at this time because everywhere seems to be out of stock or out of budget. Because of this, I was going to do pttp for a few cycles until I am able to get my hands on the bell I need. I own a bar and plates but I only have 10 pound plates and higher. So at some point I would have to make jumps of 20-30 lbs. Is this adviseable? My goal is gpp because I plan on applying for a local police department and believe the carryover would bee more beneficial. Any insight would be appreciated.
If you have access to a Walmart or similar store grab a few sets of 2.5-5lbs ankle weights, they slide right over the end of the bar, allowing you to make smaller jumps and won't cost too much. Or just stick with the same weight and stick with the same reps for a week and jump up in weight the beginning of each week, maintaining 2 x 5 or 5,3,2 reps. Not perfect but it can work. Depending on the amount of weight you have you can also run the Daily Deadlift program.

Buy a superband or equivalent and run it through your kettlebell... that adds some more tension or load to it... the above response is good as well

If I were you I would try an Easy Strength approach, 10 reps (or 5-15 reps) almost daily for DL and some kind of press + some swings or snatches. Probably some running and a single set of ab wheel rollouts, too. Use a step progression around the bigger jumps. Never struggle, just do what feels right on any given day.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom