all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Professor Who Studied Soviet Weightlifting System Over 16 Years?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Alexander

First Post
Pavel talked about a Russian Professor on Joe Rogan's podcast below to the name of 'Midvesiv' - something like that who studied the training loads of weightlifters over 4 Olympic cycles. I wanted to know if anyone knew his full name and had any links to resources where I can learn a framework for understanding the Soviet weightlifting system? I know it's taught in the Plan Strong seminar but it's not in my country this year. Any links and resources would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sportivny Press has translated and published some weightlifting classics, among them both the books @Kettlebelephant wrote about. It's been a while as well, like 25 years for A Program...

Hi Alexanders, I remember I've seen a pdf copy in the pile of files I saved once when I had to do my homework comparing Soviet and American systems: The Russian Approach to Planning a Weightlifting Program (pdf). But I can't find it now in this mess of folders.

Hi Alexanders, I remember I've seen a pdf copy in the pile of files I saved once when I had to do my homework comparing Soviet and American systems: The Russian Approach to Planning a Weightlifting Program (pdf). But I can't find it now in this mess of folders.

You might also want to read this book:
Fundamentals of the Soviet System: The Soviet Weightlifting System and modern applications to the sport of weightlifting by Gwendolyn Sisto and Ivan Rojas.
One more reference of the personal experience and training methods by Vasily Alexeev: Как тренировался В.И.Алексеев

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom