all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Program Recommendations for Boxing

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mcgrathbells

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello,

I recently downloaded the new app and see a variety of different program options that look fun, but am looking to 1) increase my strength and 2) have that strength be directly applicable to my (kick)boxing performance.

My workout limitations are that I have only one kettlebell of 16kg, 24kg, 32kg, and 40kg.

Any thoughtful recommendations for the simple and complex, as well as # of training days is appreciated. I currently train about 5-6 days a week.

The S&S combo of swings and TGU's was originated by a boxing coach. At least one high-level boxer has had great results with Q&D.

Hello,
Just a thought ( perhaps bucking the trend here) use that extra time to pratice more kickboxing. Also focus on mobility and stretching for recovery / injury prevention. And don’t neglect cardio.If you feel weights/ strength are a attribute that is lacking for your weight , perhaps a few days a week of barbell basics or easy strength type . Just my 2 cents .

Hello,

@Mcgrathbells
Maybe the program underlined below can be worth trying. He is based on StrongEndurance.

Usually, A+A and pure aerobic training are a great combination. It will give you the ability to recover very fast between rounds or during non-fighting sequence (positioning, etc....), but also to perform short bouts of effort during fighting sequences.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom