all posts post new thread

Kettlebell programming from 16kg to 24 kg press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
This is how I'm doing it right now. Including the Special Reports. After 5x 1,2,3,4,5, building up to 10x 2,3,5 and then to 5x 2,3,5,10. The last two are from Return of The Kettlebell
thank you , i will continue from week 14 !

here is the link mark ,

From the rack position, once you start pressing, your bell is going waaaaaaay out to the side.

You want to keep the bell path much closer to a straight vertical line up from the rack.

Nice cat, BTW!

See 3:10 timestamp in this video:

Last edited:
From the rack position, once you start pressing, your bell is going waaaaaaay out to the side.

You want to keep the bell path much closer to a straight vertical line up from the rack.

Nice cat, BTW!

See 3:10 timestamp in this video:

thank you for the cat compliment !

You can mix up the 24 and the 16. Just gradually increase the ration of the 24 to the 16. For example, you can do the single and double reps of the ladders with the 24 but the higher reps with the 16. This strategy can also be used with swings. It is in "official" Strongfirst publications, not just my advice. I did this with ladders. Worked great.

You can mix up the 24 and the 16. Just gradually increase the ration of the 24 to the 16. For example, you can do the single and double reps of the ladders with the 24 but the higher reps with the 16. This strategy can also be used with swings. It is in "official" Strongfirst publications, not just my advice. I did this with ladders. Worked great.
sometimes the bell is too heavy for even a single rep sometimes i can do 2 reps sometimes 3 reps , its all very frustrating right now, like today couldnt even complete a single rep , yet the 16kg can be pressed for 20 times .. very confusing :(

sometimes the bell is too heavy for even a single rep sometimes i can do 2 reps sometimes 3 reps , its all very frustrating right now, like today couldnt even complete a single rep , yet the 16kg can be pressed for 20 times .. very confusing :(

That may indicate a problem with form. That difference is too great. Doing one if fine. Then two. It is not a race.

That may indicate a problem with form. That difference is too great. Doing one if fine. Then two. It is not a race.
i have to get my technique checked , kbs not so popular in india , not many who can guide with proper technique here in india , all very far away from where i reside, might have to travel 600kms for technique check !

i have to get my technique checked , kbs not so popular in india , not many who can guide with proper technique here in india , all very far away from where i reside, might have to travel 600kms for technique check !

you can learn a lot just by asking someone to take a video of yourself from multiple angles, not just the front. And then comparing that video to a advanced athlete video on youtube.

I actually work online with a client from central India :)

@Amey Patil, I remember when I first was able to press the 24 kg bell. Here's what I did - in a nutshell, GTG.

I took a cyclic approach, working singles until I was able to do perhaps 5 in a day.

Then I took a day to rest, and did one single to warmup, then tested my rep max.

And keep on going like that, adding volume, and testing your RM, and when you're able to do more than your current 2 reps, perhaps when you can do 4 in a row, then do some doubles in your GTG.

-S-

@Amey Patil, I remember when I first was able to press the 24 kg bell. Here's what I did - in a nutshell, GTG.

I took a cyclic approach, working singles until I was able to do perhaps 5 in a day.
This reminds me of the GTG ladders “Chinese Food” program.
I have never tried it, but it makes a lot of sense and certainly has a low entry cost.

@Eric Wilson this may be a good approach for you to bridge the gap between the 12 and 24.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom