all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Programming strategy to get to SFG level 1 cert

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

scorpiogrrl

Level 5 Valued Member
Generally speaking (i.e. without knowing any specific info about me) do you think following is sound plan for getting to a level 1 SFG cert

1. Achieve "simple" standard in Simple & Sinister program

followed by

2. Brett Jones' SFG prep program strongfirst sfg kettlebell certification prep guide | StrongFirst meeting it where I'm at particularly in terms of the workout volume and working it until achieving the full volume with sufficient weights so can be comfortable working with snatch size bells at the cert.

No time limitations, i.e. as long as it takes to get there.

thanks in advance,

Donna

Having a stronger base of strength and conditioning will make the weekend more enjoyable..

my pleasure.. we are all here to learn

Thanks too Pavel a great looking plan as well.

i think my main takeaway from yours and Mark's responses is that jumping straight from S&S to Brett's program not a great idea and that's exactly the sort of info I was hoping for.

Donna

@scorpiogrrl Keep us updated, Donna, and remember: "The Goal is to keep the Goal the Goal" (Dan John).

Many underestimate the foundation you will have once you attain the simple standards..

Many underestimate the foundation you will have once you attain the simple standards..
Mark, I think how well pressing goes for someone who's achieved Simple depends on how much pressing they have in their background. If you have a solid press, do S&S for a while, and then come back to pressing, your press will likely be stronger in short order. OTOH, people who start kettlebell training or strength training in general with S&S may find it takes them a while to achieve a strong press.

JMO.

-S-

Mark, I think how well pressing goes for someone who's achieved Simple depends on how much pressing they have in their background. If you have a solid press, do S&S for a while, and then come back to pressing, your press will likely be stronger in short order. OTOH, people who start kettlebell training or strength training in general with S&S may find it takes them a while to achieve a strong press.

JMO.

-S-

No worries Steve I have just found that having a solid conditioning base usually allows anyone prepping for their SFG to emphasize dialing in on their technique..

With that being said, of course if someone has just recently picked up a kettlebell, I would give a different suggestion

JMO.

-S-

I concurr with that, that is exactly what happened to me! I can do getups with the 32, however my pressing strength hasn't budged (well a little bit upwards but not really progress), still struggling with pressing a 16kg more than twice on my left side. Never focused on pressing before, so hardly a surprise, but very worth pointing out

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom