all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Programming the hardstyle c&j

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I might try that, but keep it easy. I tend to push too far into burn territory when I practice carries.
I've been doing carries A+A style lately to avoid that. Carry EMOM for 15 secs. I said suitcase but meant farmers carries for me.

This is the hard day. On the medium and light day you finish your ladders one rung shorter and use a lighter bell with one of your arms.
Weren't you supposed to do them with equal weight bells and the same set-rep scheme, with 32+32, 24+24 and 16+16 for heavy, medium and light days and VPPs for the latter? Although the possibility of using heavier bells is also mentioned, so I might have misunderstood it.

Whats the best exercise to pair wiyh the KB C&J
For what aim? Strength? Hypertrophy? Can’t argue with the (double) front squat suggestions.

Weren't you supposed to do them with equal weight bells and the same set-rep scheme, with 32+32, 24+24 and 16+16 for heavy, medium and light days and VPPs for the latter? Although the possibility of using heavier bells is also mentioned, so I might have misunderstood it.
Yep, this!

Yes, you are right. The uneven bells programming is for grinds.

I like C+J emoms. A couple of 32kg for sets of 3 emom will have you blowing in no time. Lighter weights for reps are evil too. 1 armers are even worse because even 5+5 C+J leaves very little recovery time because it’s long process a C+J. As lifts go it’s a bear no matter what way you slice it. Geoff Neupert calls it the ultimate fat burner and even has a workout for it called that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom