all posts post new thread

Progress Log (changing of lifestyle)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Walker147

Level 1 Valued Member
Stats
Bodyweight: 76.5-77KG or 168-169lbs
BF: 7%
Interests: Boxing and Strength
Kryptonite: Chocolate and Ice Cream

As of tomorrow (Monday 16th May) after what I believe is well directed advice (shout out moment) from members Pet, Bluejeff and Ege I will be adjusting my training volume and following the strength and conditioning program for BJJ, although I don’t practice BJJ I do Box (non competitively) 2-3 times a week.

The Program
3B5FBECE-7DA9-4EDA-9CFC-2DD75C1A9637.jpeg

As stated in the above program the sets say 3-5 i am yet to make a decision on what is best and will probably either stick in the middle or go session by session based on recovery and feeling. This will be logged in the weekly updates

In conjunction to the strength days I will be boxing 2 times a week, once a home based workout involving jump rope, Shadowboxing and Heavy Bag technique work, intensity is low to moderate on this session, one workout is more intense at the boxing club I attend involving the same work but at a more intense level including some sparring.

I’m running this program (S&C BJJ) for 8 weeks, 4-5 days in negative calories, then around a week in maintaince and then progressing into a 200-300 calorie surplus

Training Level:
Currently I adapt most exercises to bodyweight and use what facilities I have as accessing a gym is very tough on timings:

So Push exercises will vary from heavy weighted push ups on 10 reps in week 1 to OAPU in week 3-4

Squats I will be use my punch bag on SLSQ or move into pistol squats when it requires less reps

Pulls: will varied tensions and weights potentially moving into OA however previously attempting this on a test I’d need an extra long chin to claim I’ve even hit 1 successful rep

As regarding cardio:
I have a mixed bag but it’s fairly basic: I commute to work twice a week by bike approx 10 miles each day or 35 mins total time. I retired from semi pro football 2 years ago and still love a kick about with the lads so that will be used as my interval training, the frequency to this is approx 1 in 2 weeks

Diet:
I have just hit my approx ideal bodyweight 168lbs (sparring at super middleweight) over the next few weeks I’m going from a 400 calorie deficit and adding 100 calories a day until I hit what is in theory a “lean bulk” of 200-300 calorie a day surplus

End Result Target:
Adding around 4-8lbs total bodyweight over 8 weeks, and concluding with an 8 week cut phase back down to 168lbs hopefully adding 1-2lbs of lean muscle and greater strength

Please feel free to comment in anyway negatively or positively all grown ups here and that’s what forums are for right?

This post is for a personal log along the way with some weekly progress updates in BW, BF, RPE and Diet checks (good and bad)

After this program I believe I will run the even easier strength or easy strength 2 x 5 daily along with boxing and cardio to be more regularly active during a phase of calorie deficit.

Last edited:
I’m assuming the exercise list is one pull one push exercise per week like I’ve listed above?

Or is it
3 sets of bench
3 sets of overhead press
For example on the push day?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom