all posts post new thread

Barbell Progressive Overload in this program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Toomuch4

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm looking at this program and it's a little difficult to understand the progressive overload. It's a Russian program and there seems to be some smart people on this forum, so I thought I would post it here.

The volume for the bench-press builds going into week 4, but then it drops off as far as reps done at 70% 1rm or above are concerned. The intensity does go up as the weeks progress, but it doesn't seem like it goes up consistently. It really reminds me of Pavel's Enter the Kettlebell in that you're doing a lot of low volume sets that add up to a high volume, low intensity workout. The progressive overload in Pavel's workouts, as with most Western programs, is more clear.

It says access denied for me so I don't know exactly what it is.

However, some of the Sheiko programs that I've looked into have slightly wavy Intensity number of lifts (INOL) that adjusts about 10% up or down week to week with a pattern of 7,6,9,8 or 7,6,9,5. Perhaps if you look at the combined volume and intensity as INOL it follows a more recognizable pattern.

It says access denied for me so I don't know exactly what it is.

However, some of the Sheiko programs that I've looked into have slightly wavy Intensity number of lifts (INOL) that adjusts about 10% up or down week to week with a pattern of 7,6,9,8 or 7,6,9,5. Perhaps if you look at the combined volume and intensity as INOL it follows a more recognizable pattern.

It's the 3 times weekly bench press program found on liftvault.com. Yes, it absolutely follows a wave pattern.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom