all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Protocol 133

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Is it even possible to get some info regarding the push and pull templete from the Strong Endurance without attempting the seminar? It's still way beyond my financial capabilities but working on raising money for it.

@Sauli And yet, there is the 133 template in the Strong Endurance. I've read it from the table of contents attached to the Q&D book. I thought I could get some more info about it. Protocol 033 is well known for me.

Let's refresh the thread. Maybe some of of you know a good Push-up&Pull-up protocol that falls into the category of a AGT?
I'm thinking about something like 5 Pull-ups and 10 Power Push-ups every 90 seconds each set.

10 rounds isn't hard or overhelming. Actually I can focus on correct form in Pull-ups and generate more power in Push-ups. @Don Fairbanks how often do you think I could run this protocol within a week?
I like the 10 rounds. Have used for other Q&D type splits.
Depends on what else you are doing.

So is that:

00:00 - 5 pullups
01:30 - 10 pushups
03::00 - 5 pullups

Or are you doing both one after the other at every 90s interval?

@Don Fairbanks I was thinking about the protocol and figured out something with weight, like the following:

0:00 5x Pull-ups with 7kg
1:30 10x Push-ups with 9kg
3:00 Pull-ups
4:30 Push-ups
etc. for 10 rounds in total.

The whole protocol takes less than 15 mikes and I'm wondering in which way it would be better to progress: weight or reps?
Second question is how often can I do it? I'm thinking maybe two times and one session with ladders only bodyweight.

@Don Fairbanks I was thinking about the protocol and figured out something with weight, like the following:

0:00 5x Pull-ups with 7kg
1:30 10x Push-ups with 9kg
3:00 Pull-ups
4:30 Push-ups
etc. for 10 rounds in total.

The whole protocol takes less than 15 mikes and I'm wondering in which way it would be better to progress: weight or reps?
Second question is how often can I do it? I'm thinking maybe two times and one session with ladders only bodyweight.
Jocko Jr., It will depend on the result you are looking for. Strength, power, GPP ? Based on Q&D, you could wave the volume with 40-100 reps per exercise, weighted, if you can maintain velocity. Otherwise, for GPP your new protocol is fine, including the pyramid idea. Strength, you could load the push ups beyond 9kg and drop reps to 5. Frequency, depends.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom