all posts post new thread

Old Forum PTP training spreadsheet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rob Lawrence

Level 3 Valued Member
I have a useful PTP DL training spreadsheet if anyone is interested. It uses the structured wave cycle from the book and lets you plug in a single number (a theoretical max). It also lets you look as far ahead as eight cycles to project what you might be lifting in the future given an assumed rate of progress (which you also plug in). I find this type of "look ahead" important when training a simple protocol which can get boring if you lose sight of the goal.

Needless to say the spreadsheet will not lift the weight for you.

If interested shoot me a note at robt_lawrence   AT    yahoo.com.

I really like the spreadsheet.  Just plug in my current max and it does all the calculations for me.  Thanks for setting it up!

makes the cycling concept more clear and ought to help me keep track of my progress thanks

typically PTP is intended for 2 lifts. Let's say I want to use it to peak for a PL meet (currently finishing a PL specific bulking program) ... how to plan?

This is a cool spread sheet.  I'm working on day 11 of Easy Strength, and the deadlift is my main lift.  Playing around with the numbers generated by the sheet have given me a good idea of where I'm at and also a good idea of where I might be going.

Thanks for helping out the Strong First community, Rob!

Thanks for the spreadsheet.  It's great to see the wave cycle all planned out to help me reach my dead lift goal!

I got 37 requests for the spreadsheet. You're all welcome, happy to share.

Russell, I suggest posting your question in a separate thread and getting several answers from experienced folks who've used PTP to peak for a meet.

Just wanted to publicly say thanks Rob! Great spreadsheet, great layout and format! and thanks for all of your advice!!

This is great, thanks Rob. Question though. Is the "estimated max" slot for your 1 rep max or your 5 rep max?

Another kudos... 2 actually (gave it to my trainer also). Sorry for delay in getting our thank you up!

Hey Rob

My Computer died and I had to get a new one, I cannot find the program that you emailed to me anywhere. Is it still available?

Thanks

Gray

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom