all posts post new thread

Barbell PTTP + FPP (Fighter Pullup Program) + Kettlebell Conditioning?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
A thought: if you are having issues with sleep and food intake as you mentioned in the other post, you might consider Tactical Barbell fighter template for the barbell and maybe S&S for the kb. Tactical barbell is designed for guys that don't recover well due to their jobs.

Maybe a tactical barbell cluster of DL and pull ups plus simple and sinister. I haven't tried it, but I've seen it recommended many times.

A thought: if you are having issues with sleep and food intake as you mentioned in the other post, you might consider Tactical Barbell fighter template for the barbell and maybe S&S for the kb. Tactical barbell is designed for guys that don't recover well due to their jobs.

Maybe a tactical barbell cluster of DL and pull ups plus simple and sinister. I haven't tried it, but I've seen it recommended many times.
Can you link to it? That sounds good, but I can't seem to find it on the website.

This is gold. If you tweaked that to squats twice a week and DL once, I think it would be a great program for a wide range of trainees.

Well, I just bought the Tactical Barbell ebook, and I’m going to be using the Operator Template w/ deadlift, press, chin-up clusters for the foreseeable future. Thanks for telling me about this, guys.

@Oscar I’ve just started a block of Tactical Barbell: Operator Template w/ deadlift, press, and chin-up clusters. I have the ebook, and I went with the option of using a TM (90% 1RM) for deadlift and press. I’m calculating my loads based off a TM of 340 in the deadlift and 120 for the press. How well will this template work, since my recovery is compromised by a lack of sleep (~5 hours per night) and occasional lack of food + manual labor (recently, I’ve been getting in around 140 g protein a day, and I weigh 190). I’m also including kettlebell swings as conditioning. Any tips you have on the matter would be appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Whey blended with oats can be a big boost in calories if you’re in a time crunch.

@deadliftheavy500 don't worry too much about this. The routine is designed for and tested by countless people with jobs in the military or LEO. They have stressful jobs and it still works.
Also IIRC you're 15, right? You can get away with less recovery than most people.

@deadliftheavy500 sounds like a good plan. I cant give you much feedback on those questions since I didnt try it myself lol. I just read the book. But as @Kettlebelephant said, you´ll probably do ok. The good thing is that the block only lasts 6 weeks, so at the end of it you can have an idea of how light your working weights are feeling, and decide to test again (or not). Good luck!

@deadliftheavy500 sounds like a good plan. I cant give you much feedback on those questions since I didnt try it myself lol. I just read the book. But as @Kettlebelephant said, you´ll probably do ok. The good thing is that the block only lasts 6 weeks, so at the end of it you can have an idea of how light your working weights are feeling, and decide to test again (or not). Good luck!

Thank you. I will report back. In fact, I’m going to start a training log here.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom