all posts post new thread

Barbell pttp newbie

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deadlifter_

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi guys new here. I have been lifting for one year with routines like starting strength and westside variations. Since the beginning i felt in love with the Deadlift and next year i want to compete in Deadlift only powerlifting meets. I have no interest whatsoever in squats bench etc i just want to be a strong puller but most of the powerlifting Deadlift specialization routines make you Deadlift once a week and the rest its all squatting and accessory movements bodybuilding style. I like minimalistic approaches and specificity so i am very interested to pavels routine, i bought the book but it will arrive in one week and i am excited to know more now.
I have read that you should Deadlift 5 times a week with 2x5 with the second set 90% of the first. But it also says i should do variants. does it mean everyday i should do different deadlifts? (Deficit, block pull, romanians etc) and i am also curios about the three types of progression.

Welcome to StrongFirst!

Please wait for the book to arrive and read it, cover to cover. It contains much more than routines - it contains the techniques you will use to deadlift safely and effectively, and it will enhance your understanding of strength in general.

Please see also Daily Dose Deadlift Plan for another approach to deadlifting daily.

Last but not least, an alternative to the rep scheme in the book is to use the same weight throughout, but instead of a second set of five, you do three sets: 5, 3, 2, all with the same weight.

-S-

Just got my copy of PTTP today I plan to stick to S&S at least until February before introducing PTTP as well
I think it will take me that long to absorb all the information within
However I am rea!ly looking to seening what I can achieve

What @Steve Freides said.

PTTP! is much more that just the program - which can be summarised on one page.

So I would add - read it again, and again, and again, and apply the knowledge, because - knowledge is not the power. The ability to apply the knowledge is power.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom