all posts post new thread

Barbell PTTP (Power To The People) - Yeah, It Really Works!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TheEnthusiast90

Level 5 Valued Member
So, when I started Pavel's PTTP, I was pulling around 365 pounds, at my top end. In 5 months (with inconsistent nutrition and forced illness breaks, no less) I've gone from a 365 deadlift (belt + straps) to a 405 x 3 deadlift (no belt or straps). I weigh 160 pounds and I'm 5'9". Here's the video:

Below is my 405 x 3 deadlift and a very hard, seizure-like attempt at rep #4 (if you watch long enough).

I did this set today, even though I got no sleep last night, puked twice this morning, and only had one meal in my system, because I wanted to see where I was at without any real assistance - basically, I wanted to know my "average day strength".

I have chronic stomach issues, which is one of the main reasons why I picked this program. It offers a baseline performance standard you can meet on a bad day, no matter what. On a better day, I would have had that fourth rep. Argh!

Also, my press went from 125 to 155 with 10 pounds or so left in the tank.

I'm really excited about the progress I've made so far. I also started this program using a belt and straps for my working sets, and gradually gave them up as I progressed in weight.

Now, I've had to stop PTTP because I move into my college dorm in 8 days. I'll only be training weekends from now on!

But, I may retest 405 next week - second time is the charm.

Here's the spreadsheet detailing my progression throughout the program.

If you're on the fence about Pavel's PTTP, you should try it. None of my workouts were excruciating and I used step cycling for the entire time to keep myself refreshed. Anyway, I hope this is a good enough promo ad to get PTTP more widely known. This program definitely deserves some more attention.

Congrats! There was talk about neuro-stuff earlier... maybe that last rep shows why this is so effective for you. You're not afraid to grind. Just guessing with no education.

So, when I started Pavel's PTTP, I was pulling around 365 pounds, at my top end. In 5 months (with inconsistent nutrition and forced illness breaks, no less) I've gone from a 365 deadlift (belt + straps) to a 405 x 3 deadlift (no belt or straps). I weigh 160 pounds and I'm 5'9". Here's the video:

Below is my 405 x 3 deadlift and a very hard, seizure-like attempt at rep #4 (if you watch long enough).

I did this set today, even though I got no sleep last night, puked twice this morning, and only had one meal in my system, because I wanted to see where I was at without any real assistance - basically, I wanted to know my "average day strength".

I have chronic stomach issues, which is one of the main reasons why I picked this program. It offers a baseline performance standard you can meet on a bad day, no matter what. On a better day, I would have had that fourth rep. Argh!

Also, my press went from 125 to 155 with 10 pounds or so left in the tank.

I'm really excited about the progress I've made so far. I also started this program using a belt and straps for my working sets, and gradually gave them up as I progressed in weight.

Now, I've had to stop PTTP because I move into my college dorm in 8 days. I'll only be training weekends from now on!

But, I may retest 405 next week - second time is the charm.

Here's the spreadsheet detailing my progression throughout the program.

If you're on the fence about Pavel's PTTP, you should try it. None of my workouts were excruciating and I used step cycling for the entire time to keep myself refreshed. Anyway, I hope this is a good enough promo ad to get PTTP more widely known. This program definitely deserves some more attention.

I’m DYING over that 4th rep attempt!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom