all posts post new thread

Barbell Pttp suplementem with s&s?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lyssusus

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi coaches,

I‚m 32 to male working with barbells and kettlebells for a few years.

recently I’ve became interested in pttp program and started it just 2 days ago. I’d like to supplement this program with simple and sinister using the schedule below:

mon, tue, wed, thu, fri - pttp
Sat, sun - s&s

Is it reasonable way to mix these two programs?

The main thing I want to accomplish is to keep all my workouts as short as possible but I dont want to lose conditioning during pttp.

Hi coaches,

I‚m 32 to male working with barbells and kettlebells for a few years.

recently I’ve became interested in pttp program and started it just 2 days ago. I’d like to supplement this program with simple and sinister using the schedule below:

mon, tue, wed, thu, fri - pttp
Sat, sun - s&s

Is it reasonable way to mix these two programs?

The main thing I want to accomplish is to keep all my workouts as short as possible but I dont want to lose conditioning during pttp.
You can probably run both together, just scale the S&S a bit until you get acclimated. At your age, recovery shouldn't be an issue. Just watch how you feel.

Welcome @Lyssusus !
7 days per week seems like too much.

If you are a beginner the recommendation is to stick to one program until you are "sufficiently" strong (like attaining the Timeless Simple standard). If you are an intermediate athelete, you could alternate both with 4-5 sessions total oer week, or work on it in alternating blocks (2-12 weeks per block).

Here is a recent thread on the topic:

Thank you.
my detailed stats are:
bodyweight 76 kg
- dl pr - 115 kg x 5
- s&s - currently using 24 kg bell

The important factor is that in 2 weeks time I’m gonna have a second child.. so I think that lack of sleep would seriously hinder my recovery. Considering that I’d probably stick with the @Bauer advice that training 7 d / week would be too much and I’ll stick to only one program or do them in 2 week blocks.

Ive alternated 2 weeks of S&S and 2 weeks of PTTP and had great success. Added more muscle than doing S&S alone and got stronger as well.

Meaning S&S was easier to do because of the strength gains from PTTP.

Did you do the Russian version of pttp or the 100% and 90% of five?
How did you cycle/progress in weight?

5/3/2 and bench press. I did the step progression, not sure of the exact name. But basically 4 steps up, 3 down. Etc.

I'd do two weeks then s&s, then continue whatever the progression was like I hadn't taken the two weeks off for s&s if that makes sense.

Given that you will be sleep deprived quite soon, a punch the clock approach would e the prudent choice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom